Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 08-05-2016, 10:17 PM

Credits: 3,089
Storyteller is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help! 500 Error when trying to create Adoptables, Items, Shops, Links?

Hey there, me again ^^;;;

I just did a fresh install of the Mysidia script (using this tutorial, except, with my own host), because I absolutely couldn't figure out why it wasn't letting me add links and wasn't showing the security question at sign up.

While that solved the security question problem, I now can't add /anything/ to my site. I can upload images and adjust settings like breeding and trading just fine, but if I click "Add Adoptable/Shop/Link/Item" I get this:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Since this is a fresh install, with only edits that I had going in my last install of Mysidia (when at least shops and Adoptables were working fine), does anyone have any ideas where I went wrong? From the symptoms, does it sound like I skipped a step somewhere?

Last edited by Storyteller; 08-06-2016 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:26 PM

Okay, I figured out the adoptable, shop, and item thing, at least part way. I fresh reinstalled again, and tested everything step by step until it went wrong. Everything (except adding new links) was working great, I uploaded 4 images for pet stages. I got the 500 Internal Error issue again right after I uploaded 10 tiny images to be items. So, I guess I'll just use images hosted off-site instead, and things should keep working. Still have no idea why uploading images causes that problem, and still don't know why trying to add or edit a link causes the 500 Error, but, I'm working on it! ^^

EDIT: Also, deleting those items from my File Manager doesn't fix the problem.... looks like I'm going to have to fresh reinstall again! -.-;
Old 08-07-2016, 07:52 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,890
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well maybe it has something to do with your server settings/configurations? On my demo site there are many item images and I dont have this problem. I also never had anyone using MysidiaHost reporting this to me.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-09-2016, 08:55 PM

Hmmm.... I figured out how to turn on error reports, and got this when I tried to add a link instead of the 500 Error:

Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in [...]wubbiepets/classes/resource/collection/linkedhashmap.php on line 192

Trouble is, I am brand spanking new to coding and I have no idea what that means ^^; How would I fix that?
Old 08-09-2016, 09:32 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 333,890
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

I see. In this case, there is a fix for your problem. Open file /classes/class_linkedhashmap.php, and change one line in the code will make the issue disappear:
http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/for...php?issueid=37

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:24 PM

Oh my goodness, thank you so much!!! It worked perfectly!