Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 04-05-2014, 09:23 PM

Credits: 4,291
Zyraph is on a distinguished road
Cool Dragon Glitch: Seeking Long-term coders/artists

I've been very slowly working on my adoptables site and I'm hoping to find at least one or two people willing to help with it. This is not going to be a typical adoptables site. I'm wanting to make it very interesting, and to hopefully show off the many things that Mysidia can do.

For me to accomplish this, however, I'm going to need a little help. Dragon Glitch is still on the conceptual level. I want to wait on the Adopts part until 1.4 is released, but before that, I have a couple other things that must be taken care of first. One requires a little bit of programming in PHP/CSS. I've got a URL shortener that I want to integrate with the entire site. It runs on YOURLs, and I'm wanting a way to bridge it with phpBB. Once that's done, and once the software I want to use for the main site is released, I want to take YOURLs and bridge it with that, and then to Mysidia. I'm not great with PHP, and that's why I'd need a bit of help with this. I want to make the site seem like it's almost one huge thing, but I want to really keep it more modular.

The second thing requires an artist, and maybe more than one. I'm not going to go by a click system when the site goes live. It will be more by an aging system, which has a very slight curve for clicks. I will eventually have the dragons go all the way to level 100, but I want to launch stages of aging a bit slowly, mainly because there's a bit of art that must be taken care of. I'd also like some banners for the forums, and possibly a new smilie character set, more appropriate for the site.

If anyone is willing to help in this, let me know in this topic. I'm hoping to implement a lot of cool features into the site once it becomes more functional, like Git support (more for downloading updates and such).

I know what I'm trying to do is a massive undertaking. This is also something I know would be insane to attempt alone. This is why I'm reaching out here. I also figured, since this is going to be adoptables centered, it would be appropriate to reach out here. It's just the programming I'll need isn't solely for the adoptables end of things, but will eventually transition into it once things really start going.

Any takers?

(If you can't do long-term, I would be willing to accept short-term, as I know things are unpredictable with real life and whatnot. Just make sure to let me know in advance that it would have to be short term first! Thanks!)

Link to the forums (the only functional part of things currently): http://forum.dragonglit.ch/

Last edited by Zyraph; 04-06-2014 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Domain change
Old 04-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,975
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Oooo, really like your domain name. I'm totally on board for front-end presentation - css/art/interactivity with jQuery/possibly mini games (I just got a book on html5 canvas game development, I plan on helping the entire Mysidia community in that department with enough time).
Old 04-07-2014, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Oooo, really like your domain name. I'm totally on board for front-end presentation - css/art/interactivity with jQuery/possibly mini games (I just got a book on html5 canvas game development, I plan on helping the entire Mysidia community in that department with enough time).
That's totally awesome! You just made my night! Also saw you replied to my starter thread and I'll probably respond to that after I've slept X3

I'll send you more information in a day or so (I have a certain someone over right now and we're spending today with each other, so...ya ;3)

EDIT: He's asleep, and I can show you something. Go ahead and register on the forum, and I'll discuss some things with you once I am able. The easiest thing might be either through Twitter or my phone today, so if you wish to use texting, just PM me and I'll give you my number (my phone doesn't accept calls so easily).

Last edited by Zyraph; 04-07-2014 at 10:00 AM. Reason: More info
Old 04-07-2014, 02:46 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,975
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Alright, I've registered. Looks like it requires confirmation from you, though~

Luckily I have lots of experience customizing PHPBB! I just wish I could show it off, if it's all on the server I made on my old laptop... would love to start all over, I bet I could do a better job now. I think I'll go install a version onto this laptop's server just so I can play with it, that way I'll have something to show.

(And I really do hope we can get the Mysidia-PHPBB bridge up for dual-log in, because that'd be cool. I've got Hall of Famer on my AIM, so I might poke a few questions his way for help in expediting that.)

edit - Ah, looks like for some reason I can't PM you? "Zyraph has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." ...idek.

Last edited by Kyttias; 04-07-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Alright, I've registered. Looks like it requires confirmation from you, though~

Luckily I have lots of experience customizing PHPBB! I just wish I could show it off, if it's all on the server I made on my old laptop... would love to start all over, I bet I could do a better job now. I think I'll go install a version onto this laptop's server just so I can play with it, that way I'll have something to show.

(And I really do hope we can get the Mysidia-PHPBB bridge up for dual-log in, because that'd be cool. I've got Hall of Famer on my AIM, so I might poke a few questions his way for help in expediting that.)

edit - Ah, looks like for some reason I can't PM you? "Zyraph has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." ...idek.
Your account has been activated! I have it set so I verify activations because once we get a bridge implemented, it'll be a little hard to do much synchronizing with a lot of members.

Not sure what's up with the PMs not working...oh wait, because you're a "Newly Registered User." I should go ahead and change that, but I had it restricted because some new accounts can create spam. I won't need that right now though X3

I'd love to get a bridge for Mysidia/phpBB. I just dunno how I'd do that one...what I really need before we get too far in is a mod to auto-generate short URLs and allow people to share them :3 That will make things so much easier to share!

I'd also love to see what you can come up with for any themes for PhpBB3 ^.=.^

EDIT: Oh wait, you meant on here, right? I actually had a setting enabled for contacts/admins only to PM me. I changed that! Sorry X3

Last edited by Zyraph; 04-07-2014 at 10:35 PM.