Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Other Chat

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 01:40 AM

Credits: 63,627
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road
Default My other developing games

I've actually got quite a few projects backed up that I've been working on for a long while, though none of them are finished.
  1. Five Nights at (the) True Lab
    My most active project besides FoodBabs. It's basically an undertale themed fnaf fangame that missed all the fnaf hype, lol. It isn't done, but I am working towards getting a playable demo together. It's being made using Unreal Engine 4, which is a total lifesaver for me when it comes to development. Mysidia-ized php code is somewhat easy to memorize, but I can't say the same for c++ and java. UE has "blueprints", which are basically a collection of nodes that you hook together that provides the same functionality as c++
    Takes slight inspiration from Event[0], in which you're on an abandoned spaceship with only a super intelligent AI to talk to while you try to get home.

2. Beyond Dreams
    Another UE4 project, though I haven't completely decided if I want to stick with the current name. It's a game centered around the dreams of the main character. The dreams act as levels, where you get a random one where you have to complete an objective. You might not get the same dream twice in a row whether you win or lose, and you can get a "sequal dream" if you win. I'm using my life as a "building block", so quite a few mechanics are taken from it. For instance, my eyesight isn't the best and I rarely wear glasses (though I have some) To see something clearly you have to actually look at it, and anything you're not paying attention to will be slightly out of focus. This can cause things to look unsettling in dimly lit or dark areas. Is that a monster or an oddly shaped pile of junk? Inspirations are from games like "Among the Sleep", which is a horror game based on how a toddler sees the world, and "Gone Home", which has absolutely no scary content and is literally just an average everyday 90's house as you wander though it to find out what happened while you were away. It's creepy at first, but later becomes a little relaxing. You're not timed and there is no rush for anything, just search around at your leisure.

3. Untitled pokemon game
    This is using "pokemon essentials" for RPGMaker XP, which makes your games look like authentic pokemon games. There isn't much to say here yet though. I haven't decided on the plot or the pokemon, nor have I settled on how the main character should look, though I have started on the game itself. It's just a "playable concept" for now.

4. Dragon's Reign
    Another mysidia site that will be a dragon sim. You create a dragon to rule over a territory with your own brood of dragons. I want to include things like random events and interactions between your dragons to make it seem more alive. It's still in the concept stage, and there isn't much to see just yet.

5. Wolf Pack Legacy
    Another UE4 game. This one is an RTS style game that will control like a mix of dungeon keeper and tropico, with similar mechanics to WOLF (which is a very, very old DOS game). You create your wolf (the "alpha"), and grow your pack while surviving as well. Players will be able to choose from a collection of maps (And possiblely user-made maps via mods? still unsure) and choose a den site to play from. There will be hunters, enemy packs, natural disasters, and harsh seasons to keep things interesting. In very early development, possibly pre-alpha.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:52 PM

Credits: 627
DinocanidAmerica is on a distinguished road

[Just seeing if I can post now]
EDIT: words

Last edited by DinocanidAmerica; 04-27-2017 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:58 AM
〈 ᴘʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴄɪɴɢ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ 〉

Credits: 7,446
Bexasaurus is on a distinguished road

Oh wow, these are awesome projects you're working on!
Old 06-11-2017, 12:39 PM

Credits: 16,088
parayna is on a distinguished road

Ooh you use RPG Maker? I use MV! :D XD
It's been a long time. I had so much fun making a site back in 2016 that recently, when I started thinking about it again, I decided to come back and work on something small. It'll probably just be a personal project but who knows? We'll see, anyway.

Old 06-11-2017, 01:23 PM

Credits: 63,627
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road

I was thinking of getting MV, but it's super expensive and pokemon essentials doesn't work with it.
Old 06-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Credits: 16,088
parayna is on a distinguished road

Yeah it is expensive XD I luckily got it when it was 50% off on Steam
It's been a long time. I had so much fun making a site back in 2016 that recently, when I started thinking about it again, I decided to come back and work on something small. It'll probably just be a personal project but who knows? We'll see, anyway.