Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Sites Showcase

Notices

Old 12-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,401
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Pokemansion! Its party time!

Visit me and my adoptable site PokeMansion from the url below, I've also attached a screenshot for preview:
www.pokemansion.net

PokeMansion is an all-around pokemon adoptable site which is still under development. I started my site back in February 2010, but it was hacked by an angry ex-staff from my pokemon forum, which temporarily put the entire project on hiatus. The good news was that I saved the levels.php file, which accounted for 85% of the database entries I needed to make for Pokemon sites. I was able to bring PokeMansion back to life in early August 2010, and it took off among members on my community. Still, the site used to lack certain features and graphics for a good adoptable site, so I waited this long till version 1.8 was opened a few minutes ago to make this thread. Hope you all like PokeMansion, just like Mysidians(members on my forum) do. ^^

For now Pokemon has the following features below:
All 493 Pokemon adoptables from Gen I to Gen IV
Clicks-levelup and Evolution System
Shiny and multi-form Pokemon
Gender and gender-ratio System
Worldmap and Encounter System
Cash Engine, Item Shop and Evolution Stones
Trade and Trade-integrated Item/Evolution system
Pokemon Happiness, Happiness-based Evolution and Groom System
Pokeball and Catch Rate System
Fishing and Fishing Rods System
Brand new Template Design with Drop Down Menu

Features I am currently working on or will be working on in recent future:
Pokedex and PC box System
Pokemon Stats System(see my HP system for reference)
Pokemon Types/Elements System
Daycare and Breeding System
Coin case and Game Corner Slot Machine
Safari and Bug Contest
Quests and NPC interaction
Egg stage and Egg Group System

Features I will be adding in distant future:
Coming soon!

I am also open for affiliation, send me a PM if you have an idea that will benefit both of us. I'd like to hear.

Hall of Famer
12/04/2010
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 19,065
PokePets
Default RE: Pokemansion! Its party time!

Nice, if my site is out i wil affliate ;)
-------------------------------------------
Old 12-05-2010, 11:52 PM

Default RE: Pokemansion! Its party time!

Alright, I will see for this. I havent set up a standard for affiliation at this moment, but I will see.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 AM

Update:

Pokemansion v1.9 is now open for public, a list of new features can be viewed below:

1. Pokemon Daycare System: Yes, Pokemansion has a functioning Daycare System now. Here you can deposit two pokemon in the daycare center, owned by the daycare old couple. Pokemon stored at Daycare Center can raise levels after a certain amount of time, which may seem to be a good choice for users who cannot keep an eye on their pokemon everyday to level them up. However, there are still a few restrictions. You can only deposit two pokemon at one time, and the deposited pokemon will not be eligible for clicking and trading. Keep in mind that you will have to spend $200 Mysidian Dollars for each level increase in daycare center. Also breeding can only occur automatically after certain period of time at Daycare Center, which shall be explained next.

2. Pokemon Breeding System:
This is the biggest gift from Pokemansion v1.9, as you may have expected. Breeding is an important feature for all adoptables sites, pokemon or not. Pokemon breeding system is rather complicated since the introduction of egg groups, especially dual-egg groups adds too much flexibility to it. Still, it is fun to work on a Pokemon breeding system. Note Breeding occurs at Pokemon Daycare Center, so you will need to have two pokemon of opposite gender but the same egg group to make it happen. A detailed information of this egg groups concept can be found from Bulbapedia. This system works for both breeding within the same species or interbreeding among pokemon of the same egg groups.

3. Improved Itemshop, Evolution and Happiness System: Pokemansion v1.9 also fixes a few issues from the earlier versions of Pokemansion. It was initially not possible to buy multiple items from the shop before, nor could any items be sold back to itemshop. Moreover, the itemstock does not increase over time so members have been complaining that evolution stones and trade items were almost out of stock. Pokemansion v1.9 solves these three main issues regarding the old itemshop, also a few new items have been added to the database(not all of them are purchasable from itemshop though. The level-based evolution system, on the other hand, has been upgraded so that it leads to a change of pokemon's species name upon evolution, instead of just variation of images. With the new happiness system, your pokemon's happiness increments every 12 hours and every rise in level. Grooming is still the most important way to raise pokemon's happiness, but its not the only way now.

4. Itemdrop upon clicking on Pokemon:
Itemdrop is actually a quite unique feature to pokemon series, but I decided to give it a try since I believe it would work out in the way I want it to be. In Pokemansion v1.9, users have certain chance to retrieve an item by clicking on someone else's pokemon(not his/her own pokemon though). Apparently valuable items such as Nuggets and Rare Bones are harder to discover than pokeballs and stardusts. In order to drop important items by clicking on pets, you will need certain degree of luck. But anyway, I hope this will encourage more and more people to click on other people's pets and exchange clicks. I've also added a new category of items called Valuable items, which has no use but can be sold to itemshop for rather high price. In future we will be having more categories of items for users to use or trade.

5. Enhanced user profiles and hot 25 stats system: In Pokemansion v1.9, users profile has been significantly improved with the addition of avatars and additional profile fields. The site stats system, called Hot 25 here, has been dramatically improved and it will display a list of pokemon and trainers on various bases. Profile Customization is not available at this moment, but I am seriously considering this possibility in Pokemansion v2.0. This is a huge step to make, since I have just realized the importance of turning Pokemansion from an extremely pets-oriented site to a pets-trainers integrated site. This way you not only enjoy raising pokemon as pets, but also enjoy yourself as a trainer.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:43 AM

Credits: 45,233
RoconzaArt is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you don't mind my tossing my two cents in but I think you could really use some work on the site.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 AM

Oh sure I dont mind, lemme know if there's anything I can improve my site with. Pokemansion uses half of Mysidia Adoptables scripts, and half of its custom scripts. XD The itemshop I am gonna make for Mys v1.3.x or v1.4.x in future will be based on Pokemansion's item system, but with its differences such as item equipment and admin control panel integration.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:07 AM

Credits: 45,233
RoconzaArt is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I think think these are to main things that keep me from recommending the site.

Layout: The layout is kinda bland and contains to many links that go no were. I know you may need them for the future but right now it makes the site look unfinished.

Navigation: The navigation is a little confused. Some links seem like they would be better under other categories. I dunno it just feel like there are a lot of links maybe to many. It can be confusing to sort out which work and which don't.

Adoptable: I think the lack of pagination for party and groom really hurt when you have a lot of pokemon. I think the the limit on pokemon makes me nervous.

Not to be negative but the site kinda boring after you pick up the daily Pokemon. There is breeding but that takes a while and fishing can only go so far.

If I could suggest, maybe adding some flash game that earn you money or holding contests and torments over pokemon online would be nice.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:22 PM

I see what you mean. I know the site still needs a load of works, for now I am trying to add some exploration pages(caves, forests and maybe sarafi) on Pokemansion just like the fishing pool. Also in future it will have a powerful map system in which you can talk to NPC on each map. Instead of going to groom/daycare center directly, you will have to access them from a map and talk to the NPCs(such as Daisy and the daycare old couples).

For trainer-pokemon interaction, I have huge plans for this too. A food and hunger system can definitely be added in Pokemansion v2.0. Also you can interact with your pokemon by taking it for a walk in Mysidia city's national park, giving it special trainings at home or in a gym, or playing games with your pokemon. I have no idea how to make flash games though...

Anyway, I am rather interested in the concept of making an adoptables site interesting. Pokemansion for now has powerful custom scripts and features, but its still a long way to go to make it actually more appealing to visitors.