Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2017, 02:30 PM

Credits: 3,572
gwynmil is on a distinguished road
Default A bunch of small questions

I've been tinkering for a few days and am impressed so far. All features are working, the number of mods and tips shared in the community are amazing, and it seems the only errors are caused by me not knowing how to properly edit scripts. But I'm learning quickly :)

Just a few things are currently leaving me stumped. It would be great if more experienced Mysidia users could answer these.

1. Changed the auto-ban to redirect to a warning page, but still curious, do either of these actually stop the action being done (like user pounding another's pet)?

2. The inventory is hideous to scroll down, as my Background item images are huge. I'd like to change the table layout and resize images, but can't find the exact script/page to edit this. Same for the myadopts page, it'd be lovely to rearrange pets into rows of 2 or 3 thumbnails rather than scrolling one by one.

(ah never mind, just found the tables. Looks like they're constructed with PHP rather than HTML. This will be tricky to edit but I'll try. Still not sure how to deal with image sizes though)

3. Where are custom pages stored among the other scripts? /pages/view/whatever. Made a few in the admincp and now can't find them in the file manager.

4. It seems it's not possible to edit the Main or Element themes in the admincp. Anyway, I have another ready to use. Is it safe to delete them? Will the new theme become the default?

5. I'm not very good at "reading" PHP and understanding exactly how some functions work, yet. Half of our breeding system involves mixing colours and I'm supposing hex/rgb are the way to go. Found this function and am wondering if anyone's used it already, or can tell what it will output.

For example rgb 255,255,56 (bright yellow) + 46,88,134 (dark blue) could result in 167,124,101 (murky red-brown) which is technically within the 3 number ranges, but looks very wrong overall. What's needed is for all 3 values to change in the same way, like the gradients on this page.
So it would be great to know if this how the above function also works, before I start fidding with the breeding scripts and possibly mess them up :) (although I'll probably do that anyway)

6. I would like to have small bits of custom CSS on certain pages (only a different body background and a faded illustration in the BG of the main content div). Such as a nest background for all the breeding-related pages, a market background for the shop and trade areas... what's the most sensible way to set that up? Still slightly overwhelmed by the number of scripts/parts making up the site, haha.

Thanks very much for any help!

Last edited by gwynmil; 10-20-2017 at 02:52 PM.