Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Tutorials and Tips

Notices

Old 06-21-2015, 01:36 AM

Credits: 101
Mindcrank is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much for your patience. Honestly, I swear to god I have done those steps a dozen times before to show the hidden files, I assumed I would be able to view them. Apparently I was wrong. I must have at some point changed the settings back to regular view?

And I guess since I unzipped the file before moving it to my directory where I would be developing the site, it didn't move hidden files along with it.

I now no longer have that error, thank goodness. Thank you very much.

I'm now having a couple other problems but I'm going to leave it until tomorrow and try browsing the site and see if those questions have already been answered. Thank you very much for your help!
Old 06-21-2015, 02:40 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,951
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Whew! I'm glad this got figured out at least.
Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 PM

Credits: 101
Mindcrank is on a distinguished road

Hahah yeah, I upgraded my OS recently, so it makes sense that though I had enabled the view of hidden files it the past, it was now disabled. I seem to have gotten everything in great working order now! Im very excited to begin work on my game.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:57 PM

Credits: 16,087
parayna is on a distinguished road

Thanks for sharing this! I got it up and running with no problems at all (except a little hiccup at the beginning where I entered something wrong >.>). I had been wondering if something like this was possible for a while, so I could test new features without breaking the whole site, but never found anything/couldn't figure out how to use things, so thanks! XD This is helpful!
Old 09-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Credits: 16,087
parayna is on a distinguished road

Found a slight error, or problem, or whatever XD

When I copied all files and the database over so I affectively had a carbon copy of the site (but without the users, etc, and unneeded database entries on the one on my computer) I noticed that the images that stored links on my custom pages would still link to the real site (which is fair enough, seeing as that's what they were set to XD)

I then went into the images on the adopt page to change them and see if it worked, it kind of did. It changed the Protocol: http:// bit to <other> automatically when I put the whole address in (including the 127.etc, bit) but when accessing the link it would put pages/view/{page name} twice.... so I removed the pages/view bit and then it worked because it would put just the page name in the address bar (which works fine, and I don't care about that XD)

That leads up to the problem I'm having lol... IntoRain helped me a while ago now to make a 'get' page for adoptables I want people to be able to adopt, so that I can link them through images to the adoption page, and the link is get/id/{id number} but if I put just that into the link for the image, the address bar goes to pages/view/get/id/{id number}. That doesn't work though because the pages/view bit shouldn't be there XD I can't put the link in full though because it assumes that pages/view should be there. Do you know why? D: XD

EDIT: Well, this is embarrassing XD I fixed it! It works now. I basically had to fiddle about with the settings of the Protocol: thingy and one of them worked XD Phew... XD

Last edited by parayna; 09-06-2015 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-31-2015, 04:44 PM

Credits: 928
AnanoKimi is on a distinguished road

So I'm having an issue with not being able to log in despite putting the info in correctly. Is there any way to edit the log in info from the host thing to be able to log in?
Old 10-31-2015, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,951
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Can you be a little more specific? If your admin password just isn't working, you'll have to remove all the tables added to MySQL and start over with visiting the Mysidia installation page. This is because, unfortunately, no you -cannot- edit log in information for an user, including yourself: passwords are encrypted with a hash, and you can't just put in plain text there, it has to run it back through to remove the encryption and it'd just get confused and fail if its been modified at all. You usually can edit information in the MySQL database, but not in this case.
Old 11-01-2015, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyttias View Post
Can you be a little more specific? If your admin password just isn't working, you'll have to remove all the tables added to MySQL and start over with visiting the Mysidia installation page. This is because, unfortunately, no you -cannot- edit log in information for an user, including yourself: passwords are encrypted with a hash, and you can't just put in plain text there, it has to run it back through to remove the encryption and it'd just get confused and fail if its been modified at all. You usually can edit information in the MySQL database, but not in this case.
The password is definitely not working. I tried already twice, the first time, and then I deleted everything and redid the installation and its still not working. I'll try one more time to reset everything.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:53 AM

Credits: 19,256
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

The first admin password never works for me. I just create a second new user and go to phpMyAdmin and make it admin.

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
The first admin password never works for me. I just create a second new user and go to phpMyAdmin and make it admin.
I see. Yeah This is the third time I delete everything and try to log in with the admin account it asked me to make and it keeps telling me its not right. So I'll probably do that then because I thought at first it was I couldn't remember the password. So I deleted everything and tried it with a simpler password and it was still wrong. That's when I posted here. I then figured, maybe its the username, its got spaces, I'm a try one with no spaces. Still no go. So I'm a just do what you said and make a new account and make that admin.

Tags
hosting, wamp