Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 11-23-2013, 09:34 PM

Credits: 10,077
Rovick is on a distinguished road
Default 5 Questions

1 Is it possible to have another coin sistem? (example: Super coins and Super gold)
2 Are there ani more variables in making theme in v.1.3.4? Such as featured pets, user coins, user friends
3 Is it possible for users to add another user and thei could be friends?
4 Is it possible to edit some pages that are not custom? such as market, trade, daicare, etc.
5 Is it possible a theme from v.1.3.4 can work on v.1.4? (the future version)

Sorri if i have alot of questions, Im a newbie and im too curiouse XD
Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 PM

Credits: 67,206
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point

1. It is possible, but it would be difficult - and how would your users get the second currency? The only way to get money at the moment is to sell items you bought, click on pets or sell rats you bought. Coding a second currency would involve changing a lot of files and that will make it difficult to upgrade in the future - but I do believe second currency MIGHT have been a suggestion that was planned at some point... I might have to look that up at some point.

2. There are a couple, you'll have to look through the other themes for them all (we really should have a list for that). The rest of those things you'd need to code into the script itself (But most of those are easy)

3. There is a friend system implanted - you can access it through profiles and through your account page.

4. Yes, but you need to do so by going into your file manager and editing it on your host. Save your text changes somewhere because they will be lost once you upgrade.

5. It varies - sometimes, we get an update where the themes work fine between each version, other times, it needs to be reworked completely. You'll need to either ask someone in charge of themes, wait until its closer (to see if anyone says anything about a redone theme system) or just hope for the best on the actual release.

Questions are fine - I've been using this script for ages now, and even I still ask a ton of questions.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:33 AM

Credits: 10,077
Rovick is on a distinguished road

thanks alot AlexC, about the coins, i remembered the site i saw it (talesofdragons) its on the site directorie, it has 2 coin sistem I cant remember what its called
well thanks for answering
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 AM

Credits: 19,369
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

It's easy to do if you do know how to code in PHP and understand how the database works. ToD and FoM have it because the owners/admins knew how to code it in
You can pretty much do almost everything you want with your website as long as you know how to mess with the .php files and the database

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
It's easy to do if you do know how to code in PHP and understand how the database works. ToD and FoM have it because the owners/admins knew how to code it in
You can pretty much do almost everything you want with your website as long as you know how to mess with the .php files and the database
It's easy with the knowledge, but I call it difficult because you need to implant methods of gaining extra currency, plus modify the shop codes extensively, and whatever else you're doing, which means that a) those pages will need to be rewritten every single time you update (and since the style of code changes almost every time the update is release, that means your previous method of code might not work) and b) it is time consuming.

Furthermore, Tale of Dragons and other sites run by that admin are heavily modified sites that don't update at all now. Rovick expressed interest in making his website update ready and that is very difficult to implant a second currency that is update ready.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:35 AM

Credits: 19,369
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
It's easy with the knowledge, but I call it difficult because you need to implant methods of gaining extra currency, plus modify the shop codes extensively, and whatever else you're doing, which means that a) those pages will need to be rewritten every single time you update (and since the style of code changes almost every time the update is release, that means your previous method of code might not work) and b) it is time consuming.

Furthermore, Tale of Dragons and other sites run by that admin are heavily modified sites that don't update at all now. Rovick expressed interest in making his website update ready and that is very difficult to implant a second currency that is update ready.
My reply was in response to Rovick's post about how ToD has it implemented, I was trying to explain why some websites had it. Of course admins that know PHP and already implemented their own stuff don't actually need to update anything since they themselves can simulate those updates

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntoRain View Post
My reply was in response to Rovick's post about how ToD has it implemented, I was trying to explain why some websites had it. Of course admins that know PHP and already implemented their own stuff don't actually need to update anything since they themselves can simulate those updates
Yeah, I was more just responding to Rovick possibly implanting it.