Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 07-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,102
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Well, that's great! Several artist I've met have actually had problems because the lines are so simple. If you'd want to, I can pull up a list of needed things- top on the list is juveniles that fit with the current sprites, then creating some new sprites/recolors so we can have more variety.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:45 PM

Credits: 9,948
Rovick is on a distinguished road

My site specie is just simple, its just animals with long ears tails with horns and four legs but once breeded, they will get different types of it.. But if you cant make the specie, Making recolorable bases that has no ears and no tails is alright.

I dont need big ones. Small ones are enough for me.

Heres a example of a pixel base that kyittas gave to me, just as simple as that

Heres a non pixel that wallie made for me, its really great even though its not pixel..

As i said, different types of ears tails and horns when breeded.. thanks! I am loving your art style!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 AM

Credits: 48,915
tahbikat is on a distinguished road

I can't get over how cute those winged mice/rats are. ;-;
Old 07-07-2014, 03:49 PM
A Headache Embodied

Credits: 111,693
Abronsyth is on a distinguished road

Haha, thank you! They're actually adoptables of mine called "Gliks", winged gerbils and rats :)

Also- I'm working on the lumber dragon, Infernette! squiggler, if you like I could easily make some koi linearts, for you! Rovick, certainly sounds doable!

I can only work as a "full-time" artist on one site, so I will likely go with what I can do without too much strain...so far I know dragons are a lot of work, but the amount of variety is nice. Fishies are easy but not so much variety. Made-up species are nice...mmng, basically I'm not sure at this point XD It's mostly, who would benefit most from having me around? I think I'd rather help out where someone has the least help already, if that makes sense?

Infernette, I'll get that example up soon! squiggler, let me know if you'd like me to try some lines (just tell me desired poses/sizes/etc). Rovick, would you like me to give it a try and see how you like it?
Old 07-07-2014, 04:30 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Credits: 23,616
Infernette is on a distinguished road

Well I'm the only artist on FoM and it's hard to juggle code and art (One admin one artist one moderator of 500? Am I crazy. Yes.) And with FoM pretty much any thing you want to put on there can be accepted (Mage Familiars/beasts/chickens/companions, what be it), and I tend to invent silly features in the middle of the night that suddenly throw in a lot more variety, the only thing you might have issue with is that instead of giving detailed art descriptions I will just give a word and a species( i.e Lumber dragon or timber drake) and let the artist roll with whatever idea hits them.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:23 PM
A Headache Embodied

Ookaaaay, now the one thing I noticed is that my wing shading is...well very different from yours, but overall I am fairly pleased with this.

The lumber dragon is a very large beast known for setting fire to forests and eating the charred remains of trees, and for being a nuisance to many lumberjacks.
((The markings are based on a birch tree))

I went with a two-legged beast, the wings can not quite carry it in flight but it can glide short distances, in this image it is carrying a charred tree trunk. It also has horns inspired by oxen, which is uses to ram into large trees to knock them over.

So, if you do like the looks of it and think it would blend nicely with the rest of your site, I would be delighted to join you :)

Last edited by Abronsyth; 07-07-2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:28 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Credits: 23,616
Infernette is on a distinguished road

That looks awesome :D It will fit in perfect with everything else, do you mind making a set?
Old 07-07-2014, 06:02 PM
Squiggling since 1995

Credits: 8,102
squiggler is on a distinguished road

Well, I'd like something that's between 120x120 and 200x200 pixels. I know! You can make a Dandy koi. It's a koi who loves shiny things and steals them from people. XD
Quote:
This koi is known for being curious, lively, and- unfortunately- extremely picky. They poke their nose into just about everything, and love collecting shiny or beautiful objects. But only if the treasure meets their high standards of elegance. They're hard to get close to, and can be temperamental if given a gift they don't like. But once they've decided that a companion is worth their while, they won't back down from their choice.
If you wanted to be a site artist, I'd need 1 new set of sprites for each of our festivals. (Which would be an egg, baby, and adult, plus a few- 2-3- themed items.):
March Equinox
June Solstice
September Equinox
December Solstice

There would also need to be items or sprites released every 1-2 months to keep people interested, but that would be way more relaxed. Some of them can also be recolors instead of new sprites.

Currently, we've got 1 person working on sprites but they're only an occasional artist because of school. Their focus is on making items for the festivals but are trying to make some koi as well.
Our other contributor is only working on our CSS and maybe background images for said CSS.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 PM

Credits: 9,948
Rovick is on a distinguished road

Of course you could try.. theres no harm in trying :D

Edit : I dont have that much art skills. Im the only one managing my site

Last edited by Rovick; 07-07-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:01 PM
A Headache Embodied

Okay! Sorry for my slow replies lately, been busy sculpting (of all the things)! So, as I have mentioned several times I only have the time (and maximum effort) to be working full-time for one site.

After much thought and debating with myself I have decided that I would like to give working with Infernette a go. Rovick and squiggler, I do open for base requests from time to time (actually loaded up on requests right now, so it might be a week before I am open again), so do keep that in mind :)

Hope everyone understands! I wish I could work with all of you, but I am one student and simply don't have the time to.

Warm regards to all,
Abron/Perocore