Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Staff Central

Notices

Old 06-25-2014, 10:56 PM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,383
Pear is on a distinguished road
Default Seeking a coder + artists~

Old thread. Can delete

Last edited by Pear; 03-31-2016 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:25 AM

Credits: 9,948
Rovick is on a distinguished road

Good luck with your site PEAR! Ill try to help with making different designs for the animals if needed because i am always doing it.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Woah man.

Thank you. c: I'm sure you'll be super busy with your own site though<3. ^-^ I forgot to add something to the thread..|D /brick'd/
Old 06-26-2014, 01:59 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,971
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Hey, I'd love to take a glance at your template/theme sketches and see what I can do. I'm slowly getting closer to finalizing my own design (so, as an example, you can see link, but best viewed in Chrome, not Firefox, because FF doesn't do cross-domain font linking very well - won't be a problem once it's actually installed and the fonts are snuggled up to the folders properly). I've also gone and recently gathered quite a trove of fonts that are free to use in commercial works, and I can spin them by you, too. ^^

And... I'd also be willing to give a shot at coloring your creatures, if you're willing to let me try. I'm new to the small creature design thing, though, so I don't exactly have a resume in that department. (I'm actually kind of hoping I can get people to help my site with the exact same thing, but... that's exactly why I'm volunteering, in a way? If I color for you, then I can get feedback on my technique and if I'm stuck doing my own coloring for a while, I'll know at least someone likes it.)
Old 07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Woah man.

@Kyttias - Sorry for the late reply. . x3 Here are the two that I have so far. The first is definitely more complicated, but the second is more basic..x) I mainly want one like the basic one so I can edit it easily and have different color schemes and stuff for people to choose from. c:
http://i.imgur.com/bwkat2l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d2hM66C.jpg
Also, the easy one doesn't need two advertisement boxes. Only one. c:

Do you have one or two examples of your designs? I'd really love to see them<3. c:
Old 07-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Premium Member

I'm afraid I don't have a resume of creature color designs yet. =/

As for the first template sketch, here's a quick wireframe. It relies on Bootstrap at the moment and so would go well with the Bootstrap theme I already made, but I can also weed out just the bits of Bootstrap I'm currently using, too, if you'd rather. (You can hide the html and css code from the top center of the page by clicking those buttons.) I left in the bottom ad because I figure viewers don't like those in their faces. Obviously the menu is lacking in functionality so I'll have to swap it out for something that works, so consider it a placeholder. x'D

I'd like to spend much, much more time on the first template sketch you made, so it'll be a few days. I'll style it up much more nicely, but left the first one mostly alone and the css easy to navigate so you can style it up.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Woah man.

@Kyttias - I really like the quick wireframe you did! It's really neat. c: I'd prefer it to not have to do bootstrap( although I do have bootstrap ..XD haha). And alright, take your time with the other one<3 c:

Would you be willing to color in one lineart from dA? c:<3 Also, do you have a drawing tablet and a drawing program with layers? c:
Old 07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

I'll fix up the wireframe for non-Bootstrap things, no problem. ^^

And yes, I use my old Wacom Bamboo tablet and Paint Tool SAI (indeed has layers, and can even open .psd, too) all the time. ovo Poor thing just happens to wig out every now and then and demand I restart my computer before the driver will detect pressure sensitivity again.

My creatures are from a dream realm so some of them might have bright acid trippy colors and not be out of place, but I still get the idea that some things are eye-bleedingly bad and super unnatural. I try to tone down bright, popping colors unless they're specific accents. Solid colors are a 'no', generally, but there are obviously natural white and black things that lack in significant markings, too. It comes down to slightly mottled shading to make them interesting.

I'm still very used to drawing people in semi-anime, semi-realism sort of way, it's all I used to do, but then I got the sudden interest in making a pet site so I've had to change up my coloring style. I've got cell-shaded transparent shadows to be put over the color below, and I've never done that before, but I still apply gradients of shade in the same old color theory I'm used to, as well. (In short, I've got solid blocks of shadow that stand out and your style does not, but that's actually a new thing for me, because I thought it would be for the best.)

Rather than start with my creatures art, since I've only done a tiny handful in color and I'm still unsure of their palettes, may I have a lineart of yours to work with? I'm used to doing fanart that imitates a specific style, so I want to see if I can imitate your coloring style with your lineart exactly.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Woah man.

@Kyttias - Alright, thank you so much!<3 c:
Alright, that's good. :D All my layered things are saved as .xcf, since that's Gimp's format, but I can export them to make a .psd. c:

I don't mind bright colors on my site, as long as they aren't completely eye-bleeding neon. xD

Sure! c: Is there any specific one you want to try on? c:
Old 07-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Premium Member

Nah, take your pick. ^^