Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Webmasters Area

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Credits: 48,352
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Default 99webs

http://99webs.info has had some changes done to it. All customers have been added to the 99webs Unlimited plan and their first month will be covered for them to decide what to do. We now only offer two packages and have gone totally unlimited. Both packages are fully unlimited and the only difference is how you wish to pay for them.

First you can pay 1.99 and get premium forum membership so you won't be bothered with ads. And second you can get unlimited hosting free if you post on our forums 20 times a month, which isn't hard.

Originally my mission was not to do this, as you should know keeping an unlimited promise is impossible and I would have to move your site if it becomes a problem for our other customers. However we are fully prepared to manage this and not screw any of our customers.

So why are we doing this? Many people have no idea what bandwidth is and how much space and transfer they need. I had people arguing that $7.99 for unlimited at hostgator was a better price than $1.99 for 1gb space and 5gb transfer and this is a static site with few cat pictures paypal link and a hit counter that said 2000 a month. so its better for people to just understand unlimited for $1.99. Also I had requests for custom packages which would be hard to manage so many packages. 100mb disk 10gb bandwidth which was not a package etc....

This does tie in with our goal to give people a web hosting experience as it is confusing. And we are gonna try and simplify, not take advantage. Having to boot someone off our server should never be a problem as if it does fill it up we will just acquire another and so forth. The only problem would be cpu and ram at which point your done with shared hosting anyway as with all hosts its time to move and we can help.

Our next step is to begin partnering with developers. We will link and feature their scripts in return we should be a featured host for their script users. This way i think we can have a great relationship among users, developers, and server managers. As you don't see 000webs for example on these boards. So Hall of Famer this is up to you can a deal be made and worked out?

Also our host is new and we want to prove ourselves. If you want to try us risk free just ask, and the P2H will be manually passed until forum is more active but do try.

Gosh sorry for long read but thank you!

Last edited by Nemesis; 05-14-2011 at 04:32 PM.