Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 09-28-2010, 10:00 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 334,342
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Video Tutorial Request

Well actually it wont really hurt for some of us to gather a couple of Adoptable users to create a new forum together instead of using this one.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 32,884
fadillzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer
Well actually it wont really hurt for some of us to gather a couple of Adoptable users to create a new forum together instead of using this one.
I second that!

This forum has a lot of spam, plus no one has access to the admin panel...
Old 09-29-2010, 03:58 AM
Art Director & Developer

Credits: 5,916
Teshia

It would definitely be nice to able to manage the spam.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Yeah, this was why I'd been saying how Brandon completely abandoned this place. I do not think it takes more than 5 mins to clean up these spams, but apparently even 5 mins on this forum is too much for him?

Nvm then, I guess we can carry out this plan together if possible. It is rather easy to set up a mybbnew forum for anyone of us interested in hosting the new forum, or I can even host it on a domain of my hosting account on bluehost. It only takes 10 bucks though, not a problem for most of us.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:15 PM

Credits: 24,191
alonaria is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to alonaria

I'm not much help with coding and can't help with payment(ugh... parents o.x) but I will be happy to help in any way possible. Heck, I can even just be there to give you an extra member! xD I think this would be a great idea! If you decide to follow through with this project I'll make sure to spread the word if you wish.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 PM

Well actually you do not have to pay at all. What we possibly need is an active forum with discussion constantly going on and admins/mods who are responsible enough to spend a few minutes cleaning up dirt on the forum and answering members questions regularly. I will see how many of you are interested in this, and if possible I will get a domain for discussion. A very good objective here is to encourage members to create custom scripts/mods to share/trade with each other so that everyone will be better off than what we are already at. I have an itemshop myself, but it is heavily modified to match the theme of my pokemon adoptable site. I may edit it a little bit and release to public as a general itemshop system, depends on how much time I have.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 32,369
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

There are free hosts that offer limited databases and servers or completely free hosted forums where we could just all contribute together. It would probably be easier and honestly I don't think the handful of members still active here will take up that much space. ^.^; And who knows, maybe we could get enough mods and such together and just combine it all and recreate the adoptables script from scratch(ambitious project, but then we could redistribute it ourselves and it would have more regular updates and releases). Is the Rusnak Script considered open source for editing?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:43 AM
Dev Staff

Credits: 32,884
fadillzzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer
Well actually you do not have to pay at all. What we possibly need is an active forum with discussion constantly going on and admins/mods who are responsible enough to spend a few minutes cleaning up dirt on the forum and answering members questions regularly. I will see how many of you are interested in this, and if possible I will get a domain for discussion. A very good objective here is to encourage members to create custom scripts/mods to share/trade with each other so that everyone will be better off than what we are already at. I have an itemshop myself, but it is heavily modified to match the theme of my pokemon adoptable site. I may edit it a little bit and release to public as a general itemshop system, depends on how much time I have.
Yeah, exactly! Members who create mods are the most valuable asset in the forum.
I realize I've never created any mod myself, because all I did was only editing the script a little to make the site a LITTLE better.
I myself wanted to create a mod actually, but I just don't have the time but I'll try to help if there is anything that I can do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeliah
There are free hosts that offer limited databases and servers or completely free hosted forums where we could just all contribute together. It would probably be easier and honestly I don't think the handful of members still active here will take up that much space. ^.^; And who knows, maybe we could get enough mods and such together and just combine it all and recreate the adoptables script from scratch(ambitious project, but then we could redistribute it ourselves and it would have more regular updates and releases). Is the Rusnak Script considered open source for editing?
I like your idea on creating a new adoptables script from scratch, it sure is nice if we actually manage to do that! :D
But what's going to make it better is if we also manage to create a script to convert the database from Brandon's script to the new one unless of course if we decided to use the same database
Old 09-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Art Director & Developer

Credits: 5,916
Teshia

I think Brandon's script is just free to use, not open source. If it were open source he probably wouldn't have the copyright policy. Free to use and edit as you need, but not to distribute.

I think re-creating the script from scratch would require someone with a degree in Computer Science. If you did manage to do it though, I'd be all for an open source project.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 AM

What I am suggesting is an idea like what those addons and graphics sites/forum made about Vbulletin, which is apparently not copyright violation. What we will distribute is addons and other stuff related to rusnak adoptables, not the base script itself. Users still need to download brandon rusnak's base script from this site in order for the addons/mods to work on it. I wonder if it is possible not to credit Brandon Rusnak though, since this can result in copyright violation lol.

But yeah, creating an adoptable script completely from scratch is much harder of a task and I wonder if it is quite possible under such a condition. Also according the Rusnak adoptable's policy, we can definitely work together to create as many mods as possible but then it will still have to be released under Brandon Rusnak's name since he owns the script.