Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 326,844
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia Adoptables v1.1.4[Security Release]

I decided to add at least one more new feature prior to the next main release, which becomes this Mysidia Adoptables version 1.1.4. With Mys v1.1.4, you can create adoptables in acp with prices you wanna charge for each of them. You may also disable price settings, and the adoptable will be labeled 'Free pet'. The script actually fixes a glitch that many of you have encountered on MA, as you are forced to enter either a positive number or 0 for prices. This way users on your site will not be able to actually earn money from adoption.

To install the script, simply upload all files within the folder 'Installation' to your adoptables directory. It should be quite self-explanatory, read ChibiKawaii's tutorials if you have trouble installing the script. Note the installer script is inside the folder 'Install', it can be accessed easily.

To upgrade from Mysidia Adoptables version 1.1.3 or 1.1.2, you will have to do is to upload files within the folder 'Upgrade' to your adoptables directory. When it asks you whether to overwrite your old files, choose yes to proceed. After this is done, run the upgrader script and follow the instructions as provided. It should take only a few secs to upgrade. Keep in mind that the upgrader script is in the 'Install' folder, you may access it through the following link below:

yoursitename.com/install/upgrade.php

or if you are using a subdirectory, use this:

yoursitename.com/adoptablesdirectory/install/upgrade.php

After upgrading to Mys v1.1.4, please do remove your upgrader script file through ftp to prevent security issues in future. This upgrader script only works for users running Mys v1.1.3 or v1.1.2, do not use if you are running an older version of Mysidia Adoptables. I've uploaded both an rar and a zip file for Mys v1.1.4, please download from the links below and report to me if you encounter any errors. Have a nice weekend everyone, I hope you all like it.

Rar version download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A5UXKQFN

Zip version download link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6637TFAA

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 25,074
PTGigi

LOL Just when I plan on making something for MM2+ like this you release 1.1.4 XD Thanks (yay my life is easier XD)

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 01-28-2011, 10:22 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,480
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

=3 Wow... there's so much versions released in so little time xD

And idea for v1.1.5: Instead of cash subtraction per purchase of adoptable, maybe you could enter how much cash you earn if you get the adoptable.

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 31,794
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Chibi, put a negative sign on the cash to reverse the amount given/received.

I saw this thread and my first thought was x.x 'why can't we just work on the 1.2.* and forget about the security releases...' then I saw it was an upgrader and went 'YAY'
Old 01-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Crazily Friendly~HoF

Credits: 25,074
PTGigi

Actually Kaeliah HoF removed that D:

Quote:
The script actually fixes a glitch that many of you have encountered on MA, as you are forced to enter either a positive number or 0 for prices. This way users on your site will not be able to actually earn money from adoption.

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."~Mewtwo
My Adoptables|Nuzlocke Webcomic
Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 AM

Well yeah, maybe I can add a new option in future to allow users to earn cash through adoption too, but of course not through MA's negative number approach. XD

@ Kaeliah: We are working on Mys v1.2.0 too, but guess we are waiting for Arianna to add her breeding system so that the first alpha version will be available to download for all dev staff. Mys v1.1.4 to me, is like an experiment for this upgrader script, glad it works. We should try to improve the upgrader script further in future. ^^

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
The Grim One

Credits: 95,895
Tequila is on a distinguished road

I'll try it out, after I finish saving my code edits to my Simple Edits thread...
Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Alright Enddayne, I guess this adoptable pricing feature should be available for Mys v1.2.0 too, but in a different way since Mys v1.2.0 uses a different cash system.

@ Chibi: I am not really sure if there's Mys v1.1.5 at all, but if possible I may try to improve the upgrader a little bit so that you can upgrade from even earlier releases such as Mys v1.1.1 and v1.1.0. I hope version 1.2.0 will be available soon, but this is not really what I can control. Lets wait and see then. ^^

Old 01-28-2011, 11:32 AM
bruh

Credits: 35,480
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Okay Hoffie xD Can't wait xD

I don't get why people just don't say "Version 2"... but instead they put 3 numbers: v2.0.0. or something xD

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 01-28-2011, 11:36 AM

You are very welcome Chibi, its a pleasure to work on this project anyway. ^^

Well I actually made a thread explaining software versioning. The usual format is indeed version z.y.x. The first number z is incremented usually when the codes are completely re-written, and a significant number of updates are available. The second number y demonstrates major releases, it goes up whenever one huge feature is added. The third number x is usually for minor releases consisting of small features, patch releases and bug fixes. Bug fixes are quite rare nowadays, since we make sure it works at least on our demosites prior to release date. XD

Closed Thread