Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Addons and Modifications > Addons/Mods Requests

Notices

Old 12-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Credits: 16,084
parayna is on a distinguished road
Default Collection Mod

I would have a go at this myself but I have no idea where I would start.. :/

Basically, I was thinking about having collections onsite of various items that would count as 'collectables'. They would then have a page where you can see all available collectables (with perhaps tabs to swap between viewing each type) and you can use either a greyed out image of the collectable (so people know what it is) or perhaps a '?' icon so it's a surprise until you find it.

It would then detect when a person has the collectable in their inventory and will swap the image (either greyed out one, or '?' one) with an image of the item (fully coloured, or whatever it looks like). And when they no longer have it, the image would revert. (You could even have key item collections that can't be sold and so you have to keep them!) And also, next to the image it would say 'x1' or 'x3', and basically detect how many they own so you can keep track.

Another thing I thought of is that there is a button at the side that a user can click to 'turn in' the collection. (Either only clickable once someone has the entire collection, or sends up an error message if they don't have them all) Perhaps that could grant the user a small (or large? Up to the sites owner) amount of onsite currency, maybe even a key item that is a medal/trophy that could itself be a part of a collection. Or whatever prize you wish to give. The button could even just be done away with if you wanted the collections to just be bragging rights XD

But the 'turn in' button would just be useable for making things more exciting and worth it, and it would remove the items from your inventory so you can start again! The key items collections could, instead, just reward you but not remove them.

I do have a slight idea for things I could also have a go with tinkering with.. I'm just not a very good coder ^-^''

Also! I wouldn't mind having to manually input all data if that's the only way grayed out images could be placed, or all the collections sectioned off (unless you change the colour value through the code, and then return it to normal once it detects someone has it!)

It may be more work but it would be worth it because you could do so much with it. You could even add the trophy collection to the profile pages if you wanted, so people could show off their progress!

Thank you! Sorry for the length XD
Old 12-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Credits: 63,599
Dinocanid is on a distinguished road

Well I have an achievement system that I'm working on for my site, which I could modify once finished to work like collectibles since it follows the same setup as "Thing is greyed out if you don't have it".
Old 12-18-2016, 07:27 PM
Woah man.

Credits: 45,377
Pear is on a distinguished road

So kinda like the Aywas collection feature? :3
Old 12-18-2016, 08:22 PM

Credits: 16,084
parayna is on a distinguished road

Oh, that sounds cool Dinocanid ^_^

And I'm not sure, Pear XD I haven't played Aywas is a very long time!