Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Suggestions and Feature Requests

Notices

Old 10-04-2014, 07:49 PM

Credits: 7,434
FounderSim is on a distinguished road
Default Removing of prefix "class", "abstract", "interface" Suggestions

I been programming for awhile now. Some of you know me from a few other sites.

I just finished my first mod for mysidia in about 10days ACP and player side for a friend. I ran into a few problems since I didnt have no damn error reporting on the site, but thats whole other story. I never used mysidia before.

Heres a few of my suggestions that bugged the hell out of me while trying to find stuff I needed for my mod.

All "classes", "interfaces" and "abstart" start with there coresponding name. I really see no use for this because they are placed in folder. I need to scroll threw 226 files/folders in the "class" directory while searching for a class I am pretty sure exists. Sometimes I know it exists, but I dont know what Class its extending or the method name/paramaters to call. I need to scroll and look carefully for the filename.

I for one would find it much simplier to just open up this class directory press "i", be somewhat near the "Item" or "Inventory" class, maybe have to scroll 10 files, instead of 100? If mysidia gets to popular. People will have hundreds of mods, thousands of class files. And a lot of scrolling.

I do have some other suggestions to the code itself to help developers/modders, but I will save that for another time.
Old 10-04-2014, 07:55 PM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Support for this. The scrolling through classes is a bit bothersome. If the name 'class' needs to be there, at least adding it to the end of the filename should help (AdoptClass.php instead of class_adopt.php)

asp.net stole my soul.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:25 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,424
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well they will be gone in Mys v1.4.0. The reason for such prefixes was that back in the old days we have both function and class files, so the prefixes functions_ and classes_ are used to distinguish them. In Mys v1.4.0, every php file is a class/object file, so theres no orphan function files, which eliminates the needs for this.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:35 PM

Credits: 19,257
IntoRain is on a distinguished road

Awesome, thanks :D

asp.net stole my soul.