Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Mysidia Adoptables Official Announcement

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,398
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road
Default Mysidia Adoptables v1.2.1[Security Release]

I'd like to announce that Mysidia Adoptables v1.2.1 is now officially released to public. This is a security release that adds two new features while fixing almost all glitches found from Mys v1.2.0. The change log can be viewed below:

New Features:
1. Adoptable Class: An adoptables class determines whether two adoptables of different genders can interbreed. Only adoptables that belong to the same adoptable class can breed successfully, of course adoptables of the same species/types can breed without any problem.
2. Message Report: Starting from Mys v1.2.1 users can report unwanted or spammy private messages to admins. The report button can be found at the bottom of read private message page, and the entire message will be forwarded to an admin.

Fixed Glitches and Issues:
1. BBcodes convert error for pages.php and tos.php
2. Admins cannot edit/delete adoptables through ACP
3. Users can cheat for cash by clicking on frozen adoptables
4. Users can adopt duplicate pets by clicking on backward button on browser
5. Malfunction of who's online script

To install the script, simply upload all files within the folder 'Installation' to your adoptables directory. It should be quite self-explanatory, read ChibiKawaii's tutorials if you have trouble installing the script. Note the installer script is inside the folder 'Install', it can be accessed easily.

To upgrade from Mysidia Adoptables version 1.2.0, you will have to do is to upload files within the folder 'Upgrade' to your adoptables directory. When it asks you whether to overwrite your old files, choose yes to proceed. After this is done, run the upgrader script and follow the instructions as provided. It should take only a few secs to upgrade. Keep in mind that the upgrader script is in the 'Install' folder, you may access it through the following link below:

yoursitename.com/install/upgrade.php

or if you are using a subdirectory, use this:

yoursitename.com/adoptablesdirectory/install/upgrade.php

After upgrading to Mys v1.2.0, please do remove your upgrader script file through ftp to prevent security issues in future. This upgrader script only works for users running Mys v1.2.0, do not use if you are running an older version of Mysidia Adoptables. I will try to make a more complicated upgrader to allow users to upgrade from Mys v1.1.x to Mys v1.2.x, but not sure when it will be available.

I've uploaded both an rar and a zip file for Mys v1.2.0, please download from the links below and report to me if you encounter any errors. Have a nice weekend everyone, I hope you all like it.

Mys v1.2.1 rar download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IFDQDZ6M

Mys v1.2.1 zip download:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7SAHRJWK

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:57 PM
bruh

Credits: 35,650
ChibiMaestro is on a distinguished road

Did you fix the profile.php page? When a new user registers and they haven't modified their profile yet, their "avatar" and "featured adoptable" is corrupted. I did fix the avatar on my site, but couldn't fix the featured adoptable :3 (I need to learn more PHP XD).

~C.Maestro
I'd like to think I'm good at CSS&HTML, so if you need help with designing templates and stuff, feel free to 'come at me bro' with the questions. Haha, also if you need help with installing the Mysidia Adoptables Script, please check out my guide here!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:30 PM

Credits: 1,390
ToonDartist is on a distinguished road

Is it possible, if you wanted, to change it from avatars to larger pets, who collect the smaller adoptables?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:30 PM

Credits: 10,541
Rozel

o.o That's interesting, Toon. xD All I can say.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:03 PM

Credits: 1,390
ToonDartist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
o.o That's interesting, Toon. xD All I can say.
I feel a little silly now for posting that here as it just dawned on me how this is like an announcement thread. Just my excitement for V1.2 got the best of me and i just had to ask, but yea thats kind of the theme for my web site. I got a script that will allow users to create pets and i was trying to figure out how i can use this script and the MAS1.2 together. If any of you php prodigies wouldn't mind assisting me in this, i would be so greatly appreciative, i can even send you the script if needed.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:05 PM

Credits: 10,541
Rozel

Yeah, I don't know if this is the right area to put it. You may move over your post to the Questions areas. But good luck! It sounds really cool. ^_^
Old 03-22-2011, 11:27 PM

@Chibi: Nope, I didnt know about this. This does not seem to be a glitch though, but I dont mind fixing it. A possible way to do this is to assign a default avatar to newbies who do not set their avatar upon registration. The featured adoptables, on the other hand, can be hidden from a user's profile if he/she has yet to adopt anything.

@ToonDartist: I dont quite get what you are saying. If you are requesting a highly customized feature for your own need, it is recommended that you post a thread in suggestion section and hope for a coder to make a mod for you.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Horse Tamer :3

Credits: 5,443
shiann

Awwww, right after I download 1.2.0. >> Ah well, I haven't started any work on it, so... :3
Old 03-23-2011, 05:45 PM

Well yeah, you can just remove Mys v1.2.0 and install a fresh copy of Mys v1.2.1 if you want to, you may also run the upgrader script to save you some time.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:02 AM

Credits: 2,015
Sensacionsk8 is on a distinguished road

fantastic!, thanks for this version 1.2.1, Whenever the script is getting better
Closed Thread