Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Community Board > Feedback and Suggestions

Notices

Old 12-12-2014, 09:15 AM

Credits: 5,297
Glow is on a distinguished road
Default Number of Pet Colors?

Hey guys! I was wondering how many colours we should actually have on our site for our pets that don't seem too much or too less...? Is 10 too much? Or too less? How about 15?
Thanks!
Glow
Old 12-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,956
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I'm vaguely planning six base colors for mine, then six lighter of the same, and six darker of the same, then a couple shades of "white" and "black".

Red (Pink, Crimson), Purple (Lavender, Violet), Blue (Sky, Navy), Cyan (Seafoam, Teal), Green (Spring, Forest), Orange (Yellow, Brown).

Not too concerned if you want to borrow any of that, because it's subject to change for me, too. While some colors are 'important' like Yellow, Orange, and Pink... no one really needs three shades of them, necessarily. But if you find that your site needs more Pink, think on the same scale (Rose, Magenta), or Orange (Tangerine, Vermillion). More 'natural' sites may need a lot of Browns as well, along with delving into a whole slew of creamy off-whites, too.

Three shades of each may seem excessive, all the more reason to lump similar colors together. But I think light and dark versions are rather important. ^^

Obviously these may be too bright for use as is! But I suggest making a palette kind of like this, and then making sure colors look good across all species before locking them in. (This was my original copy, before I tweaked it a lot for my site.)
Old 12-12-2014, 08:09 PM

Wow that is indeed an awesome explanation! Thank you! Should the markings be the same colours as these? Or should they have a wider range or smaller range? I have been thinking about having the markings a shade darker than the base colours.. Not sure if that's gonna work?
Old 12-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 86,956
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Mm, well... could be the same, especially if you let users choose? Darker colored creatures can look good with light markings, while lighter colored creatures can look good with darker markings. You could still use slightly different shades than the body colors, though (so darker than the darker body colors, and lighter than the lighter body colors).
Old 12-12-2014, 08:27 PM

Thanks so much, probably made my thinking a lot easier haha thanks again! :)