Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Adoptables Buzz

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 11:09 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Credits: 23,614
Infernette is on a distinguished road
Default Forest of Mirrors

http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/levelup/click/hello

Forest of Mirrors is first of all, a nickname given to a very special place only known to its inhabitants as the 'veil'. The place was haunted by demons and ghouls and all sorts of nasties that used to rip apart any sort of civilization that lived there, forcing most of it's inhabitants to live in a massive castle built eons before anyone was around, until the council decided it needed to act, after a massive siege against them left them crippled.

They gave seven dragons powers over each element: Fire (Besir), Water(Augan), Nature (Jesi), Earth (Rethain), Sky(Cellon), Sun/Light(Felis) and Life/Emotion(Naruta). The dragons were each raised apart from each other, and taught how to use their powers to a lesser extent, and if needed could ask the council if it was necessary for them to be used fully. Eventually though, darkness seeped into most of them, and Naruta put it upon itself to fix this, mindlessly hunting down and destroying the enemies, even if they have not acted, until she met one called Aszerath(Shade/Shadow) that taught her how to use her powers without the council's knowledge.

Eventually, the castle was destroyed and the council was disbanded, after even Naruta saw it was a pointless fight. Eventually, Naruta fell into a deep slumber and woke, nearly a thousand years later to a desolate place, and let emotion take hold and mold it to what it was today. Now the seven guard this place and protect it from destruction.

Site is closed to registration: (COME ON SPECIAL DATE XD) But....

Features done:
Adopts are generated and to see a new adopt on the page, you need to take one.
Limit on how many eggs someone can have (No hoarding!)
Companions- Little creatures that you can give to your pet. They show up on their click link and an icon that tells you they have a companion is on the myadopts page. (more planned >:D)
Companion Public Market- Sell your companions to others, trade to collect them all.
Public Selling system- Sell your pets to all! Place your pet up for sale, have others buy it, no trades needed. You receive a message that your pet has sold (but I still have yet to get it to display the pet's id, )
Bestiary- A cataloger of all the companions you have collected- from here you can attach/remove a companion and read all the little info on it!
Breeding for stats- You see those stats that normal pets have just don't seem to make the cut in show (or eventually battle!), you can breed two pets together to get better ones. :D
Scouring- Look for items, food, or stat boosters!
Sorting- Sort your pets, sort pets for sale, and sort what you view other's pets as :)
Profiles- A bit more uniform to the theme, instead of the other way they were. EX:http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/profile/view/Infernette
Random Companion Encounters- Clicking is boring and the only reward is money.... I'll be adding a special set of companions that can only be gotten from clicking :p
Alliances- Pretty much you pick your elemental alignment. Shade is going to be special and only available to those who chose life/earth and complete a long story. *(Soooo...... later)
Achievements- Earn rewards for growing stuff! You need to do stuff right?
Free Stuff- Everyone on the site can get a free pair of tinies from the toy pile. When guests click, sometimes these are created and they'd otherwise sit to rot.

Planned soon:
An event- I have to get the art for this- but I hope it will go well and I can get it. :)

Planned in a month/ few weeks:
Battling!- Duke it out with system generated monsters, earn items/money.
Quests- Give a specific amount of items to a NPC, kill a certain amount of enemies, maybe even a long story. They will be really varied, probably XD

Also some more story:
  Spoiler: spoiler 
Naruta was actually sent back in time to when the castle was created, and actually ended up killing the crystal monster that inhabited it (eventually freeing it up for use and leading to the council being founded). Unlike the other elements she was created 10 years after the original group, and was done so on a whim that this element *might* be needed. She actually is hated by most of the other elements and Felis has fought many times with her, often when she is brought back to the present to be given something.

Aszerath was created by accident from Naruta when she had a sort of emotional breakdown over this demon that had died protecting her from an ambush from another demon. She was given the ok to use her powers fully by the council, and he volunteered to be her teacher in return for being restored. He has a massive scar on his neck, though, a reminder of his past and now used as the symbol for the element. After a while of teaching, though, he became detached from the others and built a massive tower in the middle of the land, and Naruta in a sign of friendship created him bird-demon monsters to gather books for his compendium (future feature? mayyyyyybe).

Felis was originally the top element at the 'pyramid' until the younger Naruta occupied a spot there after the desicion. He since then has become quite jealous and often tries to remove her from the group, spending hours fighting with the council listing reasons or fighting with her directly to get her to snap. He has the ability to blind other creatures, or make everything go completely dark, relying on his innate ability to sense thing's electromagnetic fields to attack.

More to come I have a whole bunch written on this actually....

SORRY FOR THIS WALL OF TEXT.

I GOT CAUGHT IN THE MOMENT.

Last edited by Infernette; 07-28-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,412
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Looks good and promising, how long have you been building this site?

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:35 AM

Credits: 48,159
Hwona is on a distinguished road
Default Re

O.o I love the eggs! They're soooooooooooo pretty! :D
Old 07-15-2013, 10:47 AM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Looks good and promising, how long have you been building this site?

A few months. Honestly since the release of 1.3.3, though I had work done since 1.3.2 that I had a basis for use in 1.3.3.

And I made the eggs myself, just transferred the color of the adults to them (Adults were comished :P)
Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,412
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

I see, you've put a great deal of time and thoughts into the development of your site, good luck on your future work.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:53 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Yeah this is honestly to help me learn coding. I have quite a few years of practice ahead of me before I make an awesome site, but learning while I'm just 15 is quite good. Most people in my school don't even know what coding is XD

Just finished the companion market. Going to work on scouring. :)

EDIT: And scouring is done :)

Last edited by Infernette; 07-15-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:29 PM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

Got in the random companion encounters, made a sorting system, and fixed the forums and redid the profiles. This has been a good day.

Only 6 more days left :)
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 PM

Credits: 48,159
Hwona is on a distinguished road

So registrations will be open in about 6 days? :3
Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM
CODE CODE CODE CODE CODE

They sure will ^^
Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 PM
The Grim One

Credits: 96,109
Tequila is on a distinguished road

Your sprites are awesome! ;3 Very well done.