Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 01-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 33,588
Kaeliah will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Kaeliah Send a message via MSN to Kaeliah

Quote:
Again I didn't ask for any one to make any thing. Trust if I could code you would see me around this place as much. Second I'm not coder so how am I to know what you can do or not. I mean I have yet to see it done with any other person who uses this script leading me to wonder if it possible.
-.- why would you suggest something if you didn't want it? As a coder, I can assure you that just about anything is possible, some things are more complex than others. Just because it hasn't been done as of yet, doesn't mean it's not possible. This project has only recently been relaunched, and we only have about 4-6 coders who are doing everything for free, which means there are a lot of things that haven't been done yet but being patient about it helps us get more things done.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:28 AM

Credits: 48,302
RoconzaArt is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not just talking this place, I meant the script as whole. The script as been out for a while and I have only seen a hand full of people really use it to it's full potential. I mean there is nothing stopping people from doing there own coding instead of using our coders. I would think there would be a lot of complex site using this script by now. AGAIN I'm not asking you for any thing or begging for you guys to get done faster. I just wanted to know of the sake of curiosity if it's possible. Please do peg as one of those people who run around scream for you to release the next script because it sounds like that's what your trying to say. It's not true i know coding is hard work and all. Again I just wonder why if it's possible and this script as been out for so long why more sites don't do much with the script if it's so open ended. Seem like waste, it's like having computer and you only use it to play solitaire. I think I've only seen a few sites really do some thing with this script. Trust me I wish I could code or had money to hire some one (I'd likely hire one of you) but sadly after trying over and over I can't seem to understand it. See I've always had trouble learning even when I was in school so I have to work even harder to learn things. That's not a excuse because I've tried stuff but I am one of those people who have trouble reading books and retaining information. I'll wait as for ever long it takes for the script to be worked on it's just frustrating when all I can do watch. I'm not really any help to you guys. :/
Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
I'm not just talking this place, I meant the script as whole. The script as been out for a while and I have only seen a hand full of people really use it to it's full potential. I mean there is nothing stopping people from doing there own coding instead of using our coders. I would think there would be a lot of complex site using this script by now.
There are a couple who've hired me to do coding for them, but they don't come here at all.

Quote:
I just wanted to know of the sake of curiosity if it's possible.
Uh, okay, instead can you just post suggestions? since just about anything is possible there isn't a point in asking. If you post a suggestion that's not possible we'll tell you.

Quote:
Please do peg as one of those people who run around scream for you to release the next script because it sounds like that's what your trying to say.
No, just trying to figure out why you keep posting these as questions instead of suggestions...

Quote:
It's not true i know coding is hard work and all. Again I just wonder why if it's possible and this script as been out for so long why more sites don't do much with the script if it's so open ended. Seem like waste, it's like having computer and you only use it to play solitaire. I think I've only seen a few sites really do some thing with this script.
Because the previous owner did very little with the script and the whole project was dead for 3-4 years. Famer purchased the script so we could relaunch the project and get it going again. There are a few scripts from the previous forum, but very few people even knew about the script. In the previous forum, you had to pay 15 dollars to remove the credit on the script. If you're a good PHP coder to make the script live to it's full 'potential' then why not just make you're own? The project has been relaunched in such a way, it's encouraging development of the script. This project is new, only a few weeks old actually which is why it's not widely used and why little has been done with it so far. The development team was put together to change that.

Quote:
Trust me I wish I could code or had money to hire some one (I'd likely hire one of you) but sadly after trying over and over I can't seem to understand it. See I've always had trouble learning even when I was in school so I have to work even harder to learn things. That's not a excuse because I've tried stuff but I am one of those people who have trouble reading books and retaining information. I'll wait as for ever long it takes for the script to be worked on it's just frustrating when all I can do watch. I'm not really any help to you guys. :/
When learning to code you have to start small. Instead of just trying to understand it and giving up, try finding a tutorial(there's a PHP one I wrote in the Tutorials forum) or w3school works too. Start at the beginning and just try out 1 thing. For example just try to make a page say something. Coding isn't about learning and retaining information, it's about practice. It's like writing in English. You start off with one word at a time, and you keep saying it until you know it, then you learn another. Eventually you've learned and practiced so many words you can put them together into sentences and do successful things. Please don't take this as me being condescending or anything, I'm just trying to help. I'm going to school for teaching so I have a natural urge to help people learn...

There are also more ways to be helpful, and you are a very good artist. I'm sure if you wanted to you could team up with someone who does themes and create the images for a theme, or you could donate images to be used on other people's sites. I'm not saying you have to or anything, just that you should figure out what your talents are and use them to help. I'm a very bad artist, and I wish I could draw better but I can't. So instead I use my talent of coding to help.

Sorry for the wall-of-text monster post.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:14 AM

Credits: 48,302
RoconzaArt is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
or you could donate images to be used on other people's sites.
That's the problem I don't know what images to make. I don't what kinda hings I can make that would be useful. Could you explain this a little more to me?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
That's the problem I don't know what images to make. I don't what kinda hings I can make that would be useful. Could you explain this a little more to me?
You can make general adoptables like cats or dogs that non-artists can use on their site, or you can make things like items(balls, food items etc) or maps, or layout images like headers, footers, backgrounds, menu bar backgrounds. You could also try things like making new icons, or money icons or make the images for a game, like a slot machine to encourage someone to make a slot machine code. Hopefully one of those ideas can work?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 398,081
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Oh alright, sure we can call it a different name Kaeliah. ^^

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.