Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum  

Home Community Mys-Script Creative Off-Topic
Go Back   Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum > Mysidia Adoptables > Questions and Supports

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Credits: 92,544
SilverDragonTears is on a distinguished road

sounds like it's time to move on then.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 06-22-2011, 12:51 PM

Credits: 9,705
maximillion is on a distinguished road

possibly..

the owner - (and/or his coders should have done this in the first place), but fadillzzz won't put it into my site for free nor will hof do it at all.. and i don't want multiple people touching my site (been through that before and it did not go well in the end just lead to more and more problems).

if i can't have it on my site.. then maybe it is time to move on - but don't expect me to speak highly of this script if i do move on.

i tried being nice and i tried to help hof.. but i guess it was all for nothing.. shame

EDIT:
also, why would there be a mod for an older version, but not done for the current one or put right in when the current version was being done while making plans for the next version (talk about putting the carriage in front of the horse)? lol, are you sure you don't want to have me as the designer hof?

Last edited by maximillion; 06-22-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 452,778
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well the Mod was done a long time ago, thats why its compatible with Mys v1.1.x but not for Mys v1.2.x. After my GRE exam is over in July I may revise the script for Mys v1.2.x users.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 PM

that's fine and dandy.. "I may revise the script for Mys v1.2.x users" is not a guarantee tho. so what am i supposed to do in the mean time while waiting on that "maybe"? throw away my current work? wait forever to see the next version? don't bother with your script anymore?

object here is to make your users happy with your product.. even if it means doing things you don't want to (or have your coders do so).. either way, if you want to keep people interested - they don't play the waiting game for too long, but i am sure you realize that.

so what do i do?
Old 06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
I am your Nemesis.

You should be thankful that someone OFFERS a free script at all to you. You can't even code so why are you complaining b.c it doesn't have one thing you wanted on it? It wasn't made to satisfy one person so I doubt they particularly had your interests in mind when making it.... smh

Check out SilvaTales
Old 06-22-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
You can't even code so why are you complaining
bite your tongue! i can more than likely run circles around you (and most people on here) when it comes to coding! i may not be good at php, but i make pc games, pc software, ds games, design websites, am a reseller for webonce.com and i owned an online mafia game that i designed fully and made thousands on and i also fix personal photos (8x10, wallets, etc..).. what can you do?

so don't go running your mouth to someone you don't know! either help or be quiet! atleast i was offering my services to hof FOR FREE EVEN! and yes, as a user - i have the right to complain - and if i wanted, i could gather up some former php coders and make a better script.. setup another game that would pay off the coders and still make money off the script.. so, shhh!

EDIT:
Quote:
I doubt they particularly had your interests in mind when making it
common sense when adding a breeding feature (especially to an "adoptables" site).. you would add a gender section to it! A no brainier!

Quote:
You should be thankful that someone OFFERS a free script at all to you
we see why it's being offered for free too... lol - bad templates, lacking features, ect..

how old are you.. like 14? show some respect to yer elders! i'm 37 and have way way more experience than you! and made more money than you in this field.. all i ask is for some common sense when it comes to this script and it be added to my site for free (jadillzzz wants a service charge, after he helped code the script)! he's a nice guy and all (and i'll always accept his help) and i do appreciate his help, but i'll be damned if i am gonna pay for a service charge - to code something that is supposed to be part of a script he codes..

maybe i'm getting the wrong vibe.. but it seems like a bunch of friends putting this together.. but couldn't get it started so they bought the original script off someone and trying to continue with it.. if you look at the notes in the coding, you will see the same thing.. here's one for example:

Quote:
// MESSY - I have no idea what this function is supposed to do.
function converttypetoparentid($type) {
// This function takes in an adoptable type and returns the ID of the parent

$query = "SELECT * FROM ".$GLOBALS['prefix']."adoptables WHERE type='$type'";
$result = runquery($query);
$num = mysql_numrows($result);
yada yada yada.....
so when it comes to me not knowing how to code.. keep it to yerself! infact, keep all of yer opinions to yerself when it comes to me! you do know the meaning of ASSUME right? it makes an A$$ out of U and not ME!

Last edited by maximillion; 06-22-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: add on
Old 06-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I am your Nemesis.

Well you kept complaining about having to pay someone so yes, anyone would assume you couldn't code... or you're just too lazy. If you're so "great" at coding then go code an adoptables site on your own and stop picking apart this one. Either way... it's rude people like you that make others, like me, not even want to participate in forums.

And I'm 31 btw.

Check out SilvaTales
Old 06-22-2011, 05:12 PM

i can code.. just not php (i can just manipulate at times)..

Quote:
If you're so "great" at coding then go code an adoptables site on your own and stop picking apart this one
because it would take too much time and effort to get it all setup, when it's easier just to help a group that needs help.. i could have this script running in 2 weeks for my daugter if it wasn't for that 1 issue.. if i go yer way, it would take me 6 months... i pick the easier way thank you!

Quote:
it's rude people like you that make others, like me, not even want to participate in forums
you call me rude? when infact yer the one that assumed i couldn't code and jumped down my throat! i hope that's not what you do to all the new people to this forum! i just state facts, not my fault you take things the wrong way.. but also am sorry to inform you - that you were the rude one here!

if you can't take what you dish out.. then maybe it's best that you do not participate here.. just my opinion.

Last edited by maximillion; 06-22-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
I am your Nemesis.

SMH.... out of this conversation. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Check out SilvaTales

Last edited by SilverDragonTears; 06-23-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:20 PM

yep, run away.. typical of those who start shit with others and then can't back it up!

sorry to have been the one to put you in yer place youngster!

just keep in mind i am here to help (as i have offered hof a couple of times), and yes i would like it back when i need it.. that is what a forum is about!

Last edited by maximillion; 06-22-2011 at 05:33 PM.