View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 02:56 PM

Credits: 3,560
gwynmil is on a distinguished road

Will check them out!

But firstly, uh... I seem to have destroyed everything?? Following Kyttias' notes on editing the indexview page, I logged out to see if Guest would appear instead of username, and suddenly every page is blank. >_<

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'public' (T_PUBLIC) in /home/griffusi/public_html/view/indexview.php on line 3

If the "public" is removed,

Fatal error: Class 'IndexView' not found in /home/griffusi/public_html/classes/class_controller.php on line 135

(I'm an idiot, ignore the above)

I saved the default code, and pasted it back in, but it now gives this instead:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyException' with message 'Unable to load template file 'template.tpl'' in /home/griffusi/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php:127 Stack trace: #0 /home/griffusi/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(374): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('template.tpl', NULL, NULL, NULL, true) #1 /home/griffusi/public_html/classes/class_template.php(135): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->display('template.tpl') #2 /home/griffusi/public_html/classes/class_view.php(280): Template->output() #3 /home/griffusi/public_html/classes/class_frontcontroller.php(102): View->render() #4 /home/griffusi/public_html/index.php(74): FrontController->render() #5 /home/griffusi/public_html/index.php(78): IndexController::main() #6 {main} thrown in /home/griffusi/public_html/inc/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 127

Seems there's nothing I can do. Ahhh. (flailing helplessly)

edit: line 127.
throw new SmartyException("Unable to load template {$_template->source->type} '{$_template->source->name}'{$parent_resource}");

No idea what to make of that. I had used the Mysidia admincp editor to add a few lines of text earlier, before deciding to try this instead. Has it caused a conflict by "overwriting" the old stuff, or something?

Last edited by gwynmil; 11-04-2017 at 03:58 PM.