Thread: Azairm
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 08:09 PM

Credits: 16,511
parayna is on a distinguished road
Default Pet Profiles Update & Overhaul

Finally got the public pet profiles finished today! Though they are subject to change as I go... screenshots included as well as descriptions of what's going on! I also managed to get some basic button for adopting the 7 starters. I quite like the simplistic nature of them!

Spoiler: All Screenshots! (9) 
The 'My Adopts' Page
This is what your my adopts page will look like at the moment. I'm hoping to include pet grouping and perhaps limited spaces that you need to buy more of to get more pets?

Managing Your Pets
This is the page where you manage your pets! Clicking all of the bottom links will let you edit that aspect of them, and their profile changes accordingly. Some of the pages also include the profile so it feels as if you aren't moving across the site! Others, such as freezing, rename, and editing the bio, have their own mini page, as it looks neater that way.

You can also see below that Whisper is a 'Dreamer'! One example of a personality!

Public Pet Profile
Others can also see your pets profile when they play with them, and this is what they'll see. Once already played with, the text at the top changes to let them know, however, they can still see your pets profile!

Adoption Page
Adopting the common starters is easy and simple to do... just head over to 'Adopt' and you will see something like this (it is very in progress, though, as I threw this together today for testing purposes!). You can click the buttons to adopt them!

The Adoption Process
Once you have clicked a button you will see this. Though I'm not sure how it will work for limited edition adopts, but I think it'll be the exact same.

(Also, the egg is clickable to take you to their manage page. That way the page can be neater without a text link!)

Egg Managing
You can see that pets start with their name as their species name. I was going to make it be 'Unnamed' (and probably still will) but for now this is the way it is. (EDIT: I have made it so that they're name now starts as Unnamed :) )

Another feature is that their genders and personality are actually hidden until they hatch! Once they have hatched into a baby their gender and personality reveal themselves. Another thing you won't be able to see is that the stars that indicate rarity won't let you know if they're using an alt image until they reach adulthood, so no cheating to get alts, I'm afraid!

Renaming
This is the rename page. I really like how simple it came out! I'm quite happy with it. The bio page is very similar as well.

Already Played With Page + Named Egg
You can still see everything is still hidden! You can give eggs names, though you don't know genders yet! You could use a gender potion on them to make sure they come out that gender, but you might have that one already! Don't want to waste your credits, eh?

Baby Page!
Once your egg has hatched you'll see your baby! The personality has been revealed, as well as the gender (the name fits, yay! ) But the times they've been bred is still hidden as they can't be bred yet due to being too young.

And that's most of what I did today! I did have a lot of it already... I didn't do all of it today! Though pet profiles are pretty much done... so today was a success in my book!
It's been a long time. I had so much fun making a site back in 2016 that recently, when I started thinking about it again, I decided to come back and work on something small. It'll probably just be a personal project but who knows? We'll see, anyway.

Last edited by parayna; 06-14-2017 at 11:03 PM.