Thread: Novul
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 11:59 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,967
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Novul

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚PROJECT OVERVIEW˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙
Novul is planned to be an online virtual pet game! It is less a creature-collecting game and more of a feature-collecting game, the features being augments such as various kinds of ears and tails. The emphasize will be on breeding Novu into the coolest, cutest critters with colors and augments to your liking.

The plot here is set in a realm of dreams, which is being plagued by outside nightmares! The end goal for this project is something closer to an actual RPG, where time is spent exploring, questing, and purifying nightmare-infected Novu to learn augments from them and customize your Novu.

Individual Novu can be played with, groomed and fed! If you run out of action points to continue exploring the world, take a break to browse through and interact with other people's Novu to restore your points. Visiting Novu, your own or otherwise, let's you collect dreamdust, which is used to gauge site activity.

Your own engagement levels are also measured against others and you will receive weekly rewards accordingly. The top percentage of active dreamdust collectors will be entered into raffles to potentially win a pre-release of the next month's donation gift augment for free!

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚DEVELOPMENT NEEDS˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙

✧ Environment & Augment Artists ✧
✧ HTML5 Canvas/JS/Phaser Games ✧
✧ Music for Promo Videos & Games ✧

·̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚RECENT UPDATES˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*·̩̩̥͙
December 2020 - After a long hiatus, work is being done again. I'm ambitiously desiring many custom systems. I'm happy to lurk again to answer any questions I can. I still can't offer tech support on any of my old Mysidia addons -- I've sincerely forgotten about them.

For Novul itself, I've implemented the means to use Discord as an oAuth login rather than having users register through Mysidia. It still has some problems for use in a live site, due to things other than the uid being referenced in certain core Mysidia files, but I'm working on it. I've also implemented Patreon integration successfully, but I'm still working on practical use cases. (I don't mind offering Patreon integration as a mod for Mysidia 1.3.4/5, but Discord login will have to wait for 1.4.x probably.)

Last edited by Kyttias; 12-21-2020 at 05:00 PM.