View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Nocturnal

Credits: 1,699
Neonyx is on a distinguished road

I appologise for my noobishness...
I assume that in "phpMyAdmin", I am supposed to open "adopts_users", and then "password"? And I assume that those really long numbers in the light-blue table are the users' encrypted passwords? For the admin user and the second user that I registered, the numbers are about the same length. Problem is, I can't atually remember how long the admin password was (yes, I forgot it this time >.<) it could have been one letter, or a few words, I don't remember :/

Either way, I am going to delete the Mysidia Adoptables files off my database, then re-download Mysidia Adoptables, then reupload the files, incase something went wrong with my initial download and it escaped my notice. When I reinstall it, I will use a letters-only salt code. I'll be back soon with info on how it goes.

**Edit: Okay, so I completely remade it all from scratch; new database, fresh MysAdopts download, fresh install, etc. I used a letters-only salt code, and the only thing I chmoded was "config.php", to 777. I went to my website, logged in as the admin, and it WORKED!! :D
There is one minor weirdness though: when I followed the link to http://www.../admin.php, it said "access denied", but when I took the "www." out of the url, the CP worked.

Unfortunately, this still leaves the problem's actual cause unknown, but there is a strong possibility that the salt code was to blame. Someone should probably look at that one day. I might, but not tonight. Maybe tomorrow night. Either way, if you're curious, the salt code I was using was:
n"8Y-@CM,,WS:$(
Perhaps one of those characters are to blame?

Last edited by Neonyx; 01-04-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: no need to double-post.