View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 392,022
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

I see. I understand that the term 'type' is somewhat confusing with this script if you run a pokemon adoptables site. In fact I plan to rename that property as 'species' since the term type itself is confusing and I do not want to use it for any purposes, but guess it wont be done until Mys v1.4.0.

If you build a pokemon site, you may consider the adoptables class as pokemon's egg group, it works out nicely. The script already supports multiple adoptables classes at this point, which is a bonus.

For pokemon types, I will design an elements system with Mys v1.4.x(though not in the initial release of v1.4.0). The elements system will incorporate basic elements fire, water, wind, earth, holy, dark and so on. Each element is strong/neutral/weak/noneffective against another, which can be defined easily. It should be easy to modify this into a pokemon types system, for intermediate skilled programmers of course.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.