View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Credits: 16,541
parayna is on a distinguished road

Found a slight error, or problem, or whatever XD

When I copied all files and the database over so I affectively had a carbon copy of the site (but without the users, etc, and unneeded database entries on the one on my computer) I noticed that the images that stored links on my custom pages would still link to the real site (which is fair enough, seeing as that's what they were set to XD)

I then went into the images on the adopt page to change them and see if it worked, it kind of did. It changed the Protocol: http:// bit to <other> automatically when I put the whole address in (including the 127.etc, bit) but when accessing the link it would put pages/view/{page name} twice.... so I removed the pages/view bit and then it worked because it would put just the page name in the address bar (which works fine, and I don't care about that XD)

That leads up to the problem I'm having lol... IntoRain helped me a while ago now to make a 'get' page for adoptables I want people to be able to adopt, so that I can link them through images to the adoption page, and the link is get/id/{id number} but if I put just that into the link for the image, the address bar goes to pages/view/get/id/{id number}. That doesn't work though because the pages/view bit shouldn't be there XD I can't put the link in full though because it assumes that pages/view should be there. Do you know why? D: XD

EDIT: Well, this is embarrassing XD I fixed it! It works now. I basically had to fiddle about with the settings of the Protocol: thingy and one of them worked XD Phew... XD

Last edited by parayna; 09-06-2015 at 08:46 AM.