View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:50 PM

Credits: 4,978
bobbybig is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cremuex Levier View Post
Wow, that sounds really impressive. I look forward to seeing the map and seeing how it works in practice.

I'd love to see your site too, so if you ever need some members just for the numbers or just to have a poke around the site, I'm all in for it. All your stuff so far has been great.
You are very welcome to check out my site I at the moment have one of the themes I made for this site as the theme there and the others you can see demo by changing the theme of the site, but I will be progressing the layout for the main site itself. I do not have the map up there yep. I am developing it elsewhere to not mess with my guys who are there on the adoption site.

http://steambots.lazygamerz.com

there's the url and thank you for your interest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruinily View Post
:o I'm a little curious about how the js is going to work... I made an interactive map with html, but that was an absolute pain... lol I'm still uploading and re-coding half of the content. At the moment its still hosted on the old forum connected to my old site, which mysteriously disappeared one day thanks to x10 hosting... But I intend on moving the coding over once I have everything working. ^_^ But if it helps anyone you can take a look at it, as Famer knows I have a personal vendetta against drop down menus since they always get in my way, lol! But I'm interested to see how your layout and coding will work. ^_^ I was intending on making a bigger 'dimensional' map for my site that would have a sort of popup window in the corner detailing the place they were scrolling over, but thats kind of been put on the back burner now... And I've always wanted to have a go at Flash, but I think i'd need a lot of help or time to get my head around it. >.<' Anyway I'm interested in how you put it together, and a gaming site. :D

My map if it helps.
http://felkyo.darkbb.com/h5-loreuna-town-map
(You can click on places, but some I havent made yet, some are still in the old site format, and none of the links to pets will work lol...)
Oh my your work looks extremely nice. :) a lot of love and thought went into that map. I will be using both simple css and a very easy tool tip js to handle link menus when you click on a building on the map a menu will pop up giving you optional url links to go to from that and if you hover over the url pop up window but do nothing and move your mouse away the menu auto closes. Its a very simple js. The css will handle all the image requirements as to placement and layout. Not to worry all of it will be open source and offered into some of the themes I put together. The last part is a opening and closing js that will allow the whole thing to close to the top of the site, but when activated opens over the site to show the map.

It will very be very easy to just drop the whole folder into a theme folder and ad the few lines to make it happen into the header of the theme. I am making sure to write everything to just be called on from inside the theme and doing my best to make it very easy to alter to fit anyone's needs. Thank you for your interest in this. lol now back to work on it ;)