View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Nocturnal

Credits: 1,699
Neonyx is on a distinguished road

I have reinstalled it multiple times already, all with the exact same result :S

I can make new accounts fine, however. They can log in and out without a hassle, it's just the admin one that the site refuses to log in.

It does say that the account exists, and you can't use the same detail/s for any other accounts, yet it denies password reset...

Could it be the salt code I was using? I got it off the site that was linked though... Don't know anything about how all that works, so I have to ask lol... But I guess you'd know by now if it was possible for a salt code to be too weird :P lol

Either way, is there a certain file I could access and change some details on in to change the admin user? Probably the easiest solution at this stage.

And just to make things clear, other than picuploads and its contents, which other files *need* to be chmoded to 777 before the installation? In addition to picuploads, I initially did config.php, but when that install didn't work, I chmoded the entire inc directory to 777 just to see if that would work, lol. Since that didn't work, and since I've heard a few different things on what files need what permissions, I have to ask :)

*EDIT: when I say "didn't work", I simply mean wouldn't let the admin log in. The rest of the site installs fine as far as I can tell.

Last edited by Neonyx; 01-02-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Sounded potentially unclear :P