View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 90,430
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Ah, conditional statements. You should definitely be able to have multiple outcomes! You could try beginning the next statement with 'else if', rather than making another 'if' block - which could get messy if you have a lot of markings, or... perhaps try using switch statements. Additional info: ( x, x ).

Currently:
1- Your switch statement doesn't break. It's important to break so it leaves the switch statement and continues on with the code properly. You only have one case, though? So why is the switch statement here?
2- Your last closing bracket doesn't follow up with anything, as the function ends before the return goes through. Can you double check the formatting on all that?

Why not make the outer if statement if($type == "Common (Gold/Gold/Black)") a switch statement instead? Are you looking for something like this?

PHP Code:

function items_changecalico($item$adopt){

$mysidia Registry:: get("mysidia");

$type $mysidia -> db -> select ("owned_adoptables", array("type"), "aid='{$adopt->aid}' and owner ='{$item->owner}'") -> fetchColumn();    

//Let's check the adoptable type.  

switch($type) {
        case 
'Common (Gold/Gold/Black)'// If tertiary is black, make it black calico? 

$mysidia -> db -> update("owned_adoptables", array("type" => 'Common (Gold/Gold/BlackCalico)'),"aid='{$adopt->aid}' and owner ='{$item->owner}'");  

$note "Your adoptable {$adopt->name} is now a Common (Gold/Gold/BlackCalico).";

$delitem $item->remove();
            break;
        case 
'Common (Gold/Gold/Gold)':  // If tertiary is gold, make it gold calico? 

$mysidia -> db -> update("owned_adoptables", array("type" => 'Common (Gold/Gold/GoldCalico)'),"aid='{$adopt->aid}' and owner ='{$item->owner}'");  

$note "Your adoptable {$adopt->name} is now a Common (Gold/Gold/GoldCalico).";

$delitem $item->remove();
            break;   
        default:  
// If tertiary is not listed, do nothing? 

$note "It appears this adoptable cannot become calico."
    }   
    return 
$note;  

*No guarantees that's going to work, but maybe it helped? But I could also be misunderstanding what you want and where (or how) you want the Gold/Gold/Gold to appear...

Last edited by Kyttias; 11-04-2014 at 11:49 AM.