Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 PM
WebMaster

Credits: 10,147
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos
Default RE: MultiForums Friendly Hosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briannecv
i think server complete is out of my price rage i am looking to pay by the month like 15/20 dollars something like that.
there are freehosters out there , but most of the time they just use 1 server whit about a lot of persones on it ( as mutch as posseble)

i was hosted by 1 of them to a long time ago

then , it depends what you want to like to have

a cpanel (shared hosting) , a reseller (to sell hosting = cpanel) , a MASTER reseller (to sell resellers = cpanel) , a vps (virtual private pc = your own comp , but its cpu/mem is shared by other users) or a dedicated comp ?? ( full for you only )

the prices are , just global prices like they are betwean them
cpanel = betwean the 0.59$ (yes me :s ) and the 3$ per month
resellers = 2$ ( me , a exeption) 5$ - 15$
a master reseller = 20$ - 50$
a vps = 15$ (me soon) and 120$
a dedi pc = 95$ - 999$

that are just the prices betwean a global range , just to show , it arent the prices you see on the net , but they are betwean them but not higher i guess :s

now , whats the most common problem what you get to choose from ??
a freehost doesnt "care" about you , not all to mutch but still a little (you can become a client :) )

a cheap paid host doesnt mean that it is bad , but they are ralery to find a good 1 , most of the time they just exist , try to get rid of it , they got a bad name and try to sell stuff and so on
there are exeptions of that , but from the 6 hosts i got is there only 1 host that does what it need to do ( range from 45$ and 70$ per year ^^ and the 70$ provide perfect support and the 45$ doesnt do a thing :S)

the most inportant thing of a host is his support and accuatie of the support (you ask for hosting and you get gaming info ?? w*f does that have to do whit the other thing ??)

then the downtime , the most needed thing
if a server is down for 1 - 2 days , all your clients are away (trust me ) exept if they like you that hard that they dont leave (they know you come back = BMR777 his forum :P)

and then the price , depending on location is it a rip off and on the other side not
if it is ameraca for 3$ -20mb space = ripp off
if it is nl = 1€ ( 1.4$) for 100 mb space , then you can say that it isnt a rip off , because its more expensive here then in america

but then you need to know something of it :)

so the point what i mean whit this story that goes offtopic but still isnt off topic ??

well , just take a look around , search before you buy and think of what you need , do you need something good ?? or something cheap
do i need something fast ?? or do i got plenty of time to search ??
what the budget i got and whats what i want to do

i forgot to thell 1 more thing
most of the times do you think that you can take a reseller :) , woot ^^ creating other accounts of cpanel and selling them (whit your own forum , upgrading is that calling)
now the problem whit that
the most hosts allows you only a limited number of cpanel accounts (like 5 cpanel accounts , there goes your business :S)

so if i am allowed to post here
here is the link of me :)
it isnt complete ready yet , in case you are intrested in it , just go to the client arena and start there your order (because website is still under construction)

Thank you for Reading this post :)
Greets From The Crasher
ps: press siggy , then your on the right place :)