View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 AM
WebMaster

Credits: 10,131
powerchaos
Send a message via AIM to powerchaos Send a message via MSN to powerchaos
Default RE: MultiForums Friendly Hosts

@brandom , i figured it out why i dont get trouble whit my 5 sub dir forums and they works perfect (yourdomain.com/phpbb/yourforumname and youdomain.com/punbb/yourforumname )

i got even serperated 404 errors of each dir

the secret is the htacces files in each dir instead on the root

i dont know if every host can do it this way but for me it works and that makes me happy :)

@mybbskinz

it all depends what they can provide to you , even if it is a 12 year old boy that sells dedicated servers
if they can provide you the support you need and even can garantie that your server will be online and that you can acces it 24/7 (not whit maint ofcourse ^^ ) then its a good host

if they cant do that (like i got 1 ) then it makes a bad host , specialy if they cant provide both of them (no good support and not even a good uptime )

if you see to me , i sell hosting of differend kinds (resellers and freehost and forum .... ) and i aim just 19 years old

but i can provide the support they ask for and if i cant do it then i ask my host for the support and that makes me a good host becouse the host that provide me the support i need

its not easy to explain it what i mean (i aim just complicated ^^ )

but i hope you can understand it a little what i mean ??

Greets From The Crasher