View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 340,049
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Update:

Pokemansion v1.9 is now open for public, a list of new features can be viewed below:

1. Pokemon Daycare System: Yes, Pokemansion has a functioning Daycare System now. Here you can deposit two pokemon in the daycare center, owned by the daycare old couple. Pokemon stored at Daycare Center can raise levels after a certain amount of time, which may seem to be a good choice for users who cannot keep an eye on their pokemon everyday to level them up. However, there are still a few restrictions. You can only deposit two pokemon at one time, and the deposited pokemon will not be eligible for clicking and trading. Keep in mind that you will have to spend $200 Mysidian Dollars for each level increase in daycare center. Also breeding can only occur automatically after certain period of time at Daycare Center, which shall be explained next.

2. Pokemon Breeding System:
This is the biggest gift from Pokemansion v1.9, as you may have expected. Breeding is an important feature for all adoptables sites, pokemon or not. Pokemon breeding system is rather complicated since the introduction of egg groups, especially dual-egg groups adds too much flexibility to it. Still, it is fun to work on a Pokemon breeding system. Note Breeding occurs at Pokemon Daycare Center, so you will need to have two pokemon of opposite gender but the same egg group to make it happen. A detailed information of this egg groups concept can be found from Bulbapedia. This system works for both breeding within the same species or interbreeding among pokemon of the same egg groups.

3. Improved Itemshop, Evolution and Happiness System: Pokemansion v1.9 also fixes a few issues from the earlier versions of Pokemansion. It was initially not possible to buy multiple items from the shop before, nor could any items be sold back to itemshop. Moreover, the itemstock does not increase over time so members have been complaining that evolution stones and trade items were almost out of stock. Pokemansion v1.9 solves these three main issues regarding the old itemshop, also a few new items have been added to the database(not all of them are purchasable from itemshop though. The level-based evolution system, on the other hand, has been upgraded so that it leads to a change of pokemon's species name upon evolution, instead of just variation of images. With the new happiness system, your pokemon's happiness increments every 12 hours and every rise in level. Grooming is still the most important way to raise pokemon's happiness, but its not the only way now.

4. Itemdrop upon clicking on Pokemon:
Itemdrop is actually a quite unique feature to pokemon series, but I decided to give it a try since I believe it would work out in the way I want it to be. In Pokemansion v1.9, users have certain chance to retrieve an item by clicking on someone else's pokemon(not his/her own pokemon though). Apparently valuable items such as Nuggets and Rare Bones are harder to discover than pokeballs and stardusts. In order to drop important items by clicking on pets, you will need certain degree of luck. But anyway, I hope this will encourage more and more people to click on other people's pets and exchange clicks. I've also added a new category of items called Valuable items, which has no use but can be sold to itemshop for rather high price. In future we will be having more categories of items for users to use or trade.

5. Enhanced user profiles and hot 25 stats system: In Pokemansion v1.9, users profile has been significantly improved with the addition of avatars and additional profile fields. The site stats system, called Hot 25 here, has been dramatically improved and it will display a list of pokemon and trainers on various bases. Profile Customization is not available at this moment, but I am seriously considering this possibility in Pokemansion v2.0. This is a huge step to make, since I have just realized the importance of turning Pokemansion from an extremely pets-oriented site to a pets-trainers integrated site. This way you not only enjoy raising pokemon as pets, but also enjoy yourself as a trainer.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.