View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 03:45 PM
Administrator, Lead Coder

Credits: 327,294
Hall of Famer is on a distinguished road

Well my original idea was to use a simplified version of new CKEditor. Since CKEditor 4, it is offering 3 different package: Basic, Standard, and Full. I am considering different CKEditor packages for different textboxes. The Shoutbox will use bare minimum so it will use the Basic package. Private/Visitor Messages will use Standard package, while admin created documents/pages should use full package. You can take a look at the difference of the 3 packages of CK Editor 4 from this page:
http://ckeditor.com/download

Of course, I am open to suggestions from you and other users. Discord sounds like a neat idea, it will require users to sign up there though. Perhaps a customizable shoutbox interface will be implemented, so you can choose among CKEditor, Discord or plain Text Area as you wish. I promised that Mys v1.4.0 would have a powerful admin control panel, so it is reasonable that admins can configure their sites to their likes in a much more convenient way than before.

Well life is hard for me as usual, but the hardest part is over since I have a job now. I actually have some time to work on the script, after a few more months I will have more free time. Before releasing version 1.4.0 though, I plan to fix some things in version 1.3.4 and maybe release a stable/secure version for Mys v1.3.x if demand is high. It has been quite some time since I released v1.3.4, it would help users with the transition from v1.3.x to v1.4.x.

Mysidia Adoptables, a free and ever-improving script for aspiring adoptables/pets site.