View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:05 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,477
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Factions (Bonus implementations?)

This isn't something I'm interested in for my current site, but someone might like this:

- Multiple factions of players (user groups, not so hard, they just need to choose one available when they sign up).

- Everyone gains a secret currency when clicking adoptables that depletes to zero after one week (chron job).

- Faction participation totals are calculated before the currency depletes. (If user in X group, add column with the secret currency to total for X group. X group with highest total stored to variable.)

- The next week, everyone in the faction that participated the most would gain some percent more normal currency from participating, (if possible have a shop discount), (eventually someone could code a way for them to be more likely to have a random event happen), (someday someone could have an arcade that limits the number of times people play to 20 times a day, that total could become 25 for the winning team), etc.

- The winning team's faction would probably have a banner posted somewhere in plain site so players easily know who gets the bonuses that week.

- Possibly even higher multipliers for currency gained from normal participation for factions winning more than one week in a row?

(Development on something like this could/should wait until the next release of Mysidia. I wonder if anyone will be up to the task?)