View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 91,138
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I'll fix up the wireframe for non-Bootstrap things, no problem. ^^

And yes, I use my old Wacom Bamboo tablet and Paint Tool SAI (indeed has layers, and can even open .psd, too) all the time. ovo Poor thing just happens to wig out every now and then and demand I restart my computer before the driver will detect pressure sensitivity again.

My creatures are from a dream realm so some of them might have bright acid trippy colors and not be out of place, but I still get the idea that some things are eye-bleedingly bad and super unnatural. I try to tone down bright, popping colors unless they're specific accents. Solid colors are a 'no', generally, but there are obviously natural white and black things that lack in significant markings, too. It comes down to slightly mottled shading to make them interesting.

I'm still very used to drawing people in semi-anime, semi-realism sort of way, it's all I used to do, but then I got the sudden interest in making a pet site so I've had to change up my coloring style. I've got cell-shaded transparent shadows to be put over the color below, and I've never done that before, but I still apply gradients of shade in the same old color theory I'm used to, as well. (In short, I've got solid blocks of shadow that stand out and your style does not, but that's actually a new thing for me, because I thought it would be for the best.)

Rather than start with my creatures art, since I've only done a tiny handful in color and I'm still unsure of their palettes, may I have a lineart of yours to work with? I'm used to doing fanart that imitates a specific style, so I want to see if I can imitate your coloring style with your lineart exactly.