Thread: Novul
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 88,322
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

@MikiHeart - Alpha testing for friends and devs on the Mysidia forums (such as yourself) should begin late this spring/just before summer. Official beta testing might open in the fall or next spring - it'll depend on how much art I have done and the cost of bumping from free to paid hosting. I also want to check in with my ISP to see if there's a chance I can host directly through them - I'd prefer to have control over my servers, afterall.

@IntoRain - <3 I'm definitely glad to hear that! So here's another update for you~

Nox now has a profile page!

The details aren't final (probably going to sans the 'Biography' header from his about tab) and add a quest to his friends page.

He's NOT an actual user, and that's the most interesting part. He replaces the default SYSTEM user in some ways, but not in others. SYSTEM 'owns' the adopts in the pound, and, they'll even show on the pet tab on SYSTEM's profile. Ordinarily, the SYSTEM profile is quite buggy (given that it's not a real user) and pulls data from the admin to fill out certain fields. I've prevented this default behavior and made his page quite flashy.

Because random pets appear in the stats, its possible to see a pet owned by the pound. Or in this case, Nox. Therefore, I wanted to be sure his page looked nice to visitors. Consider it an Easter egg. ^^;

That reminds me... For anyone who HASN'T read this IMPORTANT security glitch regarding the SYSTEM user, please do so now, and patch your site immediately!

What was I saying again...? Oh, right.

Nox probably will not be the final owner of pound pets, though he is right now. This is because, eventually, pets will need to be removed from the system if they exist in excess. My eventual plan is to have pets exist in the pound only for two weeks while waiting to be adopted, and after that, they'll be transferred to Nox, and they'll gain a 'skin' or 'painted' effect like on other pet sites - and basically become nightmare pets. Nox will then let users adopt them from him, but... it might be in exchange for some interesting favors. Pets that exist with Nox for more than another two weeks are at risk of being permanently deleted.