View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:56 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 87,052
Kyttias is on a distinguished road
Default Previews Today

introducing: the villain
Meet Nox.
Many miserable children's only escape is through the solace of dreams. But, what if they need not suffer anymore? What if they need not feel anything? What if they need not even... exist? In the deepest, darkest parts of the Novul lurks a being that desires no child to be sad, no pain to latch to their soul. While joy is desirable, it's so fleeting and temporary. It'd be far easier, far more effective for them to simply cease existence. In the emptiness, they will find peace. This being is quite efficient in his craft, fully convinced that to cease suffering he must release the souls of lost children. Nox just wants them to be happy, after all... why should they ever have to wake up?

(Nox will be introduced early on as a someone who seems very good. Always friendly and helpful on the exterior, his motives are out of sight until it's far too late.)

Nox and his creatures cause something of a domino effect; as they absorb the miserable, they make those around them more miserable. So the closer a visiting child gets to these creatures, they too begin to have nightmares. They become tainted by their fears. This negativity leads to them being captured or influenced by Nox and his nightmarish creatures; and their misery and fears pass on nightmares to more potential victims. This cycle repeats without end in sight, and Nox is growing in power with every victim... but to what inevitable end?

inventory preview
Well this has taken a lot of work! And it's not done quite done yet. Currently, items that have a use can be used from the modal pop up, but I'd like to be able to choose the adoptable it's going to be used on from the pop-up, to save another page to go through. Not sure how to go about this yet...

updated shop preview
I've redone my shops a little bit, as I was inspired by my efforts on my inventory page. ^^ Soon I'd like to implement a 'shop loyalty' system, where you slowly befriend the NPC based on how much you've spent at their shop, total. Higher friendship with the shopkeeper means more items will be available, discounts, and a few other interesting things!

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-28-2015 at 10:41 PM.