View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 12:12 AM

Credits: 49,157
Nemesis is on a distinguished road
Default gemstone hosting...

Most of you know but Lots of new newbies here too, but I offer free hosting and script installation. However with school you'll have to be patient as I will get to your site when i get to it. Plus I have many of my own projects school related and not that I work on so could be a while... My activity here has even dropped drastically... it really sucks having to write and 8 page paper then the 20 page website is due then the history exam is coming up ugh, but most of you know how that is.

More on Gemstone Hosting... I don't think im going to be keeping it... I never really finished it. I said before I acquired the server from school cause I needed it true but I actually turned my really old hp desktop with no cd or floppy drive just 2 usb ports into a dedicated server running linux crux right now. In fact it also acts as a minecraft server and will be prepped for my future projects. specs:
2.4ghz processor
2 gigs ram
250gb hdd

More reasons for not keeping gemstone is because the adsense stopped working. Not sure why and i never heard back, I had way over 100k impressions monthly and over 100 uniques a day bringing in extra dollars offsetting the server price. And don't think for a second I clicked the ads or used any sort of black hat tactics... it was all legit but adsense was apparently not happy with traffic.

Here's the route we have to take, either A people upgrade to sapphire accounts and make me keeping the server and aiding in installations worthwhile or in B about a year the service will be gone. Sorry but i think that's how its gonna have to be. I know longer have the time, and the time i have needs to be spent on things that bring in money, because that's how the world works :(