View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 09:24 AM

Credits: 67,333
AlexC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ratties FTW - SUPER NEW PLAN

Okay everyone, here is just a sneak preview of what we hope to do with the site in the future (sometime after 1.3.0 has been released and all of the bug fixes have come through and so on~).

After the bug fixes come out, I'll start building my own site, using Mys as a baseframe and building up from there.

All of these will begin to appear in at LEAST a years' time - at the moment I'm focused on building a solid database of members, items and content using the current graphics I have!

[+] ALL of the rat images (or at least 90%) of them will be redone to be more shaded, better shaped and generally look more like rats. I will actually use reference pictures this time as appose to using my memory!

[+] I will do some custom coding to make the following changes to growth; it will all be time-based, the stages lasting as long as they will in real life, but your rats will depend on surviving these stages by being fed food or "clicks". If your rat doesn't get the required number of clicks by the time the next growth spurt comes around, it will die and you will have a tombstone for a pet. :C

[+] If you buy a rat from a pet store you will get it already with a number of clicks and at a certain stage (stage 2 which is 4 to 8 weeks) because obviously pet stores will not sell you pinkies! You can trade or abandon your babies at any stage. If you breed your rats you will get the whole nine yards so to speak, which will include stage one.

[+] There will be six stages; stage one is 0-4 weeks, stage two is 4-8 weeks, stage three is 8 weeks to 6 monthes, stage four is 6-20 months and stage five is 20-24 monthes. After stage five, you have a "sickness" stage (stage 6) where your rat begins to die. You will have the option to put your rat down at the vet, give treatment to improve its health, make sure it doesn't suffer and there is the small chance your rat will keep going!

[+] Moods, personalities and sickness. I want to add all of these.

[+] Medicine and vets instead of normal "kill" options. Overfeeding can cause problems as well.

[+] As much realism as possible.

So the site might become a bit sad over time, but I'd really like to make all of these possible.

I am still going ahead with the current release strategy, this will just keep going on in the background. I'll show previews of the new rats from time to time, but coding won't start for ages.

So, what does everyone think?