View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Credits: 1,143
nobackseat is on a distinguished road

Kesstryl,

Is this thread really the place for this? You could've PM'd me, pretty synonymous with your attempted ping.

Let's be clear first. I didn't apologize here. And I certainly am not sorry for the tone I used. If you were looking for me to sugarcoat it then you're out of luck. The script is in a pretty bad state, and if you were in my shoes, as an experienced programmer, you would be appalled.

The reason for the change of tone was that people here accept the script in the state it's in (see below). You guys aren't going to be persuaded in any way. At VPL, I wanted to make it clear that the script is not recommended (obviously not something I'd post here...) before it's too late and they rely on it (as much as you do). My mood also had a bit of influence too.

Case in point:
Quote:
I don't think anyone has even bothered to attempt to hack a mys site anyway.
And? This is a pretty silly statement. Just because you appear to be OK with a site being hacked doesn't mean that the rest of the community is.

I honestly believe that my 'tone' and posts are making the programmers realize some things and be more motivated on bringing fixes than if it had been 'sugarcoated'.

Should this project improve radically I may consider recommending it in the future.

Until then, good luck.

NBS

Last edited by nobackseat; 05-01-2012 at 04:47 PM.