View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 02:15 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 92,227
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Oh, woops! You do need it after {$this->aid}, good job catching that!
PHP Code:
$mysidia->db->delete("owned_adoptables""aid='{$this->aid}' AND owner ='{$this->owner}'"); 
You really really shouldn't still have the pet after that, though. =/ You sure? There is another way to write this, hang on...
PHP Code:
$mysidia->db->query("DELETE FROM adopts_owned_adoptables WHERE aid='{$this->aid}' AND owner ='{$this->owner}'"); 
edit:

However, the problem is where you're putting it. It can't find the data you're telling it to find because you can't call $this->aid inside myadopts.php, because that file does not have a variable set at the top called $aid. You'd have to use $this->adopt->getAdoptID() instead (this file has a variable called $adopt which is a reference to the class_ownedadoptables.php where getAdoptID() exists, possibly even $this->adopt->aid would work with the proper permissions).

I was thinking you'd put this inside doReleasePet(), since you were calling with $this->adopt->doReleasePet(); but left it empty inside class_ownedadoptables.php? I used aid='{$this->aid}' assuming it'd be there (because $aid exists in the context of this file) if you don't want to do that, then I suggest just inside myadopts.php:
PHP Code:
public function releasepet(){ 

$mysidia Registry::get("mysidia");         
    if(
$mysidia->input->post("submit")){            

$mysidia->db->delete("owned_adoptables""aid='{$this->adopt->getAdoptID()}'");    
    } 

$this->setField("adopt"$this->adopt);         

$this->setField("image"$this->image);             

The point of having it in the class file, as a function, instead of in the myadopts file is reusability. If you plan on needing an adopt delete function elsewhere on the site, this would be good to have as a function in the class instead. For example, if you're still using the pound at all, you could technically write in a feature that would automatically delete pets that have been in the pound longer than a month. However, if you can't think of another use for that line of code, then it's fine not needing to be inside a function at all.

Last edited by Kyttias; 03-08-2016 at 02:46 AM.