Thread: Novul
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Premium Member

Credits: 91,561
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I plan on preventing breeding with siblings, parents (and parent's siblings), and grandparents. I haven't put it in yet, but I'm already keeping track of both parents so I can map in a page where you can view a family tree that goes back and down two generations. It'll be fun to look at and it'll give you a reference all on one page who your Novu can't breed with.

So, to clarify, aunts and uncles are also off the table but greataunts and greatuncles will be fine. Much less of a hassle than some breeding sites.

Of course, breeding isn't the only point to Novul! I want it to be enjoyable and I want people to want to collect things... which is why I'll be promoting user interactions.

I'm keeping track of all interactions made with Novu in my own way. At the end of each month all players will be entered into a raffle - each interaction they made counts as one entry to the raffle. The more interactions you make the more likely you are to win something - a rare item or an extremely rare baby Novu that can never be obtained for free again (it can be bred for or perhaps bought for real money after that). Depending on how many active users there are, there will be a set number of winners drawn from the pool of 'entries'.

In addition, there's a "currency" that you'll only get from visiting a Novu's page called Dreamdust. When you join the site, you'll be entered into one of four factions based on a simple personality test. Members of the faction collects the most Dreamdust at the end of every week will all get prizes. Other things will revolve around the collection of this dust as well - whenever certain thresholds are passed by the community as a whole, multipliers will go into effect that will allow everyone who logs in to collect even more dust than normal (at least for the rest of the day). At the end of each month, the top 10% of players who collected the most dust will be awarded the rarest of prizes. (The amount of dust collected is reset to zero at the end of each week, but the total will be remembered for players until the end of the month so winners can be calculated.)

If someone doesn't have the time to invest in the site for a chance at winning a prize, many of the prizes will be able to be purchased with a real money currency for at least a few months. Most of the rare Novu that can be obtained as prizes (or bought) will be able to breed at some tier or another, so everyone should be able to obtain everything eventually, as the community itself slowly breeds thing into commonplace - even if they can't spend time playing and don't have real money to spend, they can still reasonably collect everything. (However, one or two Novu species may exist in a permanent state of un-attainability for ultimate bragging rights as status markers of either really old or really excellent players -- these will probably either NOT ever be sold for real money OR will represent owners of large donations during, I dunno, a Kickstarter fund.)

Last edited by Kyttias; 12-31-2015 at 05:29 PM.