View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 10:37 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 91,409
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Real top-level domain changes can take up to 48 hours to propagate, so I wouldn't panick about either error until more than two days have passed. Hopefully it will work after this change, once the change has made it's way across the internet.

(See, the 'internet' is actually made up of seven or eight main servers distributed globally, for speed's sake - and all these babies do is hold DNS, domain-name-service, info. At least, that's my understanding. While these update relatively live, your internet service provider pings the closest one, but holds a cached copy of the 'old' version, to reduce their server load, and therefore costs. The cache usually gets replaced in, you guessed it - around 48 hours, by pinging the closest continental directory of all domain names. So one's new domain does not have an 'old' location, and therefore, it takes a while for it to appear, and will appear at different times for different people, depending on where they live. And one's old domain may have an old location, which may erroneously still appear and be buggy for a short while.)