View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 91,372
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

I suggest making a copy of myadopts and viewmyadoptsview.php first, but -

Three easy steps, only edit two lines of code, change no class files:

1) Open myadopts.php. Save it as your new name, in my case, yournovu.php. At the very top of the page, change "class MyadoptsController extends AppController" to "class YournovuController extends AppController". Save.

2) Open view/myadoptsview.php. Save it as your new name to match the above, in this case, yournovuview.php. At the top of the page, change "class MyadoptsView extends View" to "class YournovuView extends View". Save.

3) Go into the lang folder, find lang_myadopts.php, and rename the file to match your changes. In this case, it becomes lang_mynovu.php.

Done. You'll immediately be able to visit your new page in your browser. Don't forget to change the links!**

*There are also links inside that page. Open up what was myadoptsview.php and change all instances of the word 'myadopts' to your new page name. There are also many other pages on the site that may link there, such as poundview.php's "Nevermind" option.

I suggest getting a nice text editor/IDE like Sublime Text. It's capable of making 'Projects' that can contain entire folders of files, then, 'search all files' will let you search them all for a specific word or line. Windows is also capable of searching through all files for text, but it's not enabled by default.

Last edited by Kyttias; 01-19-2015 at 02:12 PM.