View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 02:00 PM

Credits: 49,848
Hwona is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Famer View Post
Well I guess it was because the original script was really bad, when I barely took over from BMR it had bugs and amateur code all over the files. I wasnt able to fix them quickly after someone first pointed it out, so the bad impression lasted for a while. Even now, its hard to change people when their first impression was already so firm. I do think Mys v1.3.x still needs some improvements, but I aint quite optimistic about Mys v1.4.x's reception either even if I'll have fixed everything by then. I guess hope on VPL is all lost, I dont plan to change their mind. They do make some points I cannot argue, at least for now.
Well, it's still a bit ridiculous to rant about something before you put in the slightest effort to fix it? Where are you going to find another person who will dedicate so much time to such a project for free? I understand that they were saying the script has problems, but they shouldn't bash it so brutally in comparison to something that's perfect but doesn't exist - at least not for non-coders like me. XP
Even if you're not willing to include effort as an object of evaluation, you have to acknowledge the the Mys script actually exists right - with support? O.o