View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 12:45 AM
Premium Member

Credits: 92,196
Kyttias is on a distinguished road

Nah, nothing fancy, just flavor text, for now.

But I'm sure some would be curious about things sort of more in the direction of Pokemon, as well. For example, 'likes sweet things' and from a list of sweet, sour, bitter, spicy and bland foods to choose from. (Click bonus/level up would not occur upon visit, but upon food selection, with a bonus given to choosing the proper food.) I've seen other sites already implement similar things, it's quite entertaining.

Just having a static variable attached to an adoptable that never changes is a big step forward for those who want to code past that. Unfortunately, I'm pretty bad about database entry. For now, I'm eagerly watching what Wallie's doing, because it sounds super close to what I want to do.

I'm glad that Mysidia's intention is to be here for beginners who don't need complex websites. Some of us are big dreamers, though, so we can't wait for some actual documentation and tutorials. Now that I've finally settled into my new home, I've had a lot more time to appreciate the inner workings of the script. ^^