Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions and Feature Requests (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Easier way to add adoptables (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799)

trollis76 05-10-2009 05:16 AM

Easier way to add adoptables

This is so you don't have to enter one level, go back, make another one, go back etc. etc...

Perhaps you could enter like: "I want [ ] levels with this [ ] picture for this [ ] adoptable."

Then you could do 30 levels in just some minutes. That would be a lot easier. :)

eaglelegend 05-10-2009 04:22 PM

RE: Easier way to add adoptables

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollis76
This is so you don't have to enter one level, go back, make another one, go back etc. etc...

Perhaps you could enter like: "I want [ ] levels with this [ ] picture for this [ ] adoptable."

Then you could do 30 levels in just some minutes. That would be a lot easier. :)

I contest the suggestion, nice idea, but having it like that keeps users on your site longer, having them being able to do things so quickly, there is nothing else to do, when there is nothing else to do, you may find users might not stay on your site any longer than they were!

trollis76 05-11-2009 12:16 AM

Why would the users go away with more adoptables available to adopt?
I meant that the admin enters that instead of making levels, levels, levels, levels, and more levels.

BMR777 05-11-2009 04:18 PM

I like the idea, but currently it is not practical from a coding perspective to do things this way. Honestly it doesn't take that long to add the images, especially when most sites it is a one time thing to upload them.

trollis76 05-12-2009 12:51 AM

OK.
It seemed good to me, but... :D
Thanks anyway!

trollis76 05-28-2009 08:11 AM

It's just that, if you are going to add levels up to 100, and you are going to have like 100+ pets available for adopt - honestly it will take up to months just adding one of these. :(

Seapyramid 05-28-2009 09:49 AM

If you doing 100 levels at over 100 pets I wouldn't worry about the time it takes to add them all. I would be more concerned with the time creating 10,000+ images!

Bloodrun 05-28-2009 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seapyramid
If you doing 100 levels at over 100 pets I wouldn't worry about the time it takes to add them all. I would be more concerned with the time creating 10,000+ images!

Lol very, very true.

Not only that, but after creating them all, that's alot of space its going to take up, as well as extra loading time for your pages.

trollis76 05-28-2009 09:54 AM

Well, I am not making them. :)

Saphira 05-28-2009 10:35 AM

I've found this method easier. Create levels up to, say, level 5. Then when someone gets to level 4, add 5 more levels. Then when they get to level 9, add 5 more levels. This should work unless you have it set to some really small number between level ups.