Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Adoptables Sites Showcase (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Mm2+ (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1724)

PTGigi 01-18-2011 02:51 PM

MM2+

THE SITE IS NOW OPEN 8D Have fun joining! (if you see errors please tell me!) (link in sig) And yus I did copy this from my MA thread so the smilies came over too XD

The forums will get up as soon as I find a good forum and link it with MM2+ http://www.myadopts.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif Probably going with MyBB or the forums that someone on Mys made http://www.myadopts.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Now MM2+ (Mewtwo, Mew, Plus) is not your average Pokémon site! It has uniquely colored Pokémon ;)Also all the art is drawn by me so no sprite recolors here >:3

There's many areas to explore and more features coming out! In addition I suggest you check out the PokeDex and Stats page!

The code is a massive hybrid between the old Rusnak, the new Mysidia, and my own codes http://www.myadopts.com/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif So I hope you enjoy it! More coming out soon http://www.myadopts.com/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif

Hall of Famer 01-18-2011 04:38 PM

Sweet, I remember browsing your old adoptable site on MA before, it looked rather impressive even back in the old days. Sure you must've improved your site since then, cant wait for it to be open for public.

ChibiMaestro 01-18-2011 05:14 PM

=3
I'm interested to know... why do you need that many cash types? o.O SIX lol xD But still, sounds epically interesting XD

(I stalk your site to monitor your progress since I know the link xD *is too curious*)

PTGigi 01-18-2011 05:45 PM

@HoF-Thank you :happyc: It should be much better than before! :veeee:

@Chibi-The 5 different faction/groupings are Galaios (cash type Galu, origin Galaxy), Aeraluis (cash type A'kyi, origin Air), Tierradon (cash type Lodo, origin Earth), Aquiados (cash type Oena, origin Aquatic), and Arcane (cash type Zaqy, origin mysterious stuff) and Poke is just the basic. The reason? Um...Let's go with different adoptables give you different cash types which can be used in specialized shops for each type :meow:

Kaeliah 01-18-2011 09:02 PM

OMG I've had that radio idea for sites before too!!! A couple years ago, I was questing for a sort of adoptables site, but I used a poorly modded forum and I was working on a radio system! XD Insane minds think alike?

PTGigi 01-19-2011 02:47 PM

Lol yus! :D I got it mostly coded out (two broadcasts are actually up on it :meow:), and it's coming along nicely :meow: Just need to fill it with more broadcasts, add a random system, get more stations, and add a way to change the station :usedusedused:

The Codfin Keeper 01-22-2011 07:25 AM

It sounds even more promising now. :veeee:

Radio Station name: "TCK's Competitive Battling 101"
Radio station type (just generally what you think it is): Game tips? o-o
A detailed description of what your station is: A station that informs listeners about various aspects of competitive battling in the Pokemon.

A sample broadcast of what your station might say: In this broadcast we focus on the speedy ground mole of the Kanto region, Dugtrio. Its speed is fantastic and its attack compliments it to boot. There are many viable sets with him, almost all involving Earthquake, but here's one that works very well as a revenge killer and it also frustrates sweepers:

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk 4 SpDef 252 Spd
Jolly Nature, Arena Trap
~ Earthquake
~ Sucker Punch/Night Slash
~ Rock Slide
~ Memento

Earthquake is basic STAB and so hits very hard on big threats to teams such as Chandelure and Darmanitan. Sucker Punch should only be used if you are good at prediction - for example, if the target is a status user, chances are you will have wasted a turn. Night Slash is a great alternative because it lands a solid hit for Dark damage and also has a high critical hit ratio. It's useful for taking out Pokemon that could potentially faint Dugtrio, such as Espeon. Finally, Memento is used only if Dugtrio has no hope of surviving further and the opponent has a lot of stat boosts and/or has high stats. Only use it then because Memento lowers their attack and special attack harshly, and Dugtrio faints.

This Dugtrio should only be put into play after an important team member was just fainted - so it should not be used to sponge anything other than Electric hits.

------------------------------------

So, yes, I'm applying for a radio station. :colonu:

PTGigi 01-22-2011 08:00 PM

Yay! You're accepted :OHSHITALION: *sends PM* :meow:

PTGigi 01-28-2011 12:10 PM

*teh bump*

Being released Feb 6th! No that's not why my signature mentions that date but it is why I am so keen on releasing it then XD

So...I still have stuff to do XD Since I do better with written lists *makes notes to self*:
-Add adoptables
-Finish Echo Hills
-Add Starters w/ Limits
-Etc :OHSHITALION:

Also taking any sort of request people wanna see :D So far from MA people have mentioned Flygons and Manatees. I shall try my best XD

PTGigi 02-05-2011 01:42 PM

One more day! :BIGO: I (hopefully) have all the errors sorted out!

PLEASE DO NOT JOIN YET I still have one or two more things to add :meow:

But for those who know the url I recommend you check out the improved stats.php page, the PokeDex, and show page! The first two are menu bar links while the third can be gotten to from the stats.php page :3

Plans for the future:
-Internal Click Exchange
-Eevee Evos (special level up :usedusedused:)
-More Moods that have effects (thanks Kaeliah for that mod XD)
-ZOMBIES!?!?!?! Yus :OHSHITALION: I would have released it but I only have one Zombie image done D:
-Etc

Now enjoy your less than 12 hour wait while Zombie Ninetales stares at you from a distance and ponders eating you :madnoes:
http://mm2plus.com/picuploads/png/Zninetales.pngPokemon is not a children's game my friends :OHSHITALION:

ChibiMaestro 02-05-2011 02:47 PM

DON'T RELEASE TEH ZOMBIES FROM TEH CAGES YET!!!! Wait until halloween >:3

Oh and will you have valentine pokemon? xD

PTGigi 02-05-2011 03:26 PM

Course! I have a great plan for V-Day if I can get it done in time XD

You're probably right XD Also I still have to make a zombie form for each species so I'll postpone that for a bit :OHSHITALION:

Okay so Echo Hills SHOULD be done (unless those awesome people who have been helping me out GREATLY with errors spot anything else XD). Working on the Library and a quick beta DayCare before I can call this releasable XD Oh and Shop adoptables :meow:

Also I thought of a neat Eevee Evolution idea so we'll see where that goes :usedusedused: To put simply it's a bit like the twin rocks in DDP for Leafeon and Glaceon sorta combined with the Evolution methods of PMD1 :happycbig:

alonaria 02-06-2011 10:50 AM

Radio Station name: Alo's Latias Lyrics
Radio station type (just generally what you think it is): Music
A detailed description of what your station is: A music station where I come up with epic Pokemon themed lyrics for the world. Latias is my awesome Pokemon mascot/co-host.

A sample broadcast of what your station might say:

Hello Poke viewers! Welcome to Alo's Latias Lyrics where we give you, like, the most totally Poke awesome lyrics! Like, yeah! Today we're featuring a, like, totally epic song written by yours truly with the help of our faithful mascot/co-host, Latias! It's, like, called *Insert song title here.* Like, here we go!

*Insert lyrics here*

Like, oh my gosh! That was sooo Poke awesome, right!? Well, I bet you guys have some totally Poke Epic songs up your sleeve! Am I right? I, like, thought so! Just PM Alonaria with those Poke spectacular songs of yours, and they just might get featured on our next broadcast! So, like, Alo and Latias out! Like, bye!

PTGigi 02-06-2011 03:34 PM

Oh cool :D I'll send you a PM once my mind is together XD (Homework, MM2+, etc XD)

AND THE SITE IS NOW OPEN 8D You can join now :3

(and for those who think they're so smart and will just go to the adopt.php I have a little surprise for you >:3 Only people with my username can view pets on the adopt.php page :P But don't worry, you can just get the starters by going to Explore>Town>Lab 8D)

alonaria 02-06-2011 04:04 PM

YAY! XD MM2+!

Tequila 02-06-2011 08:57 PM

I just joined, it's well done. :)

Looks like fun...

ChibiMaestro 02-07-2011 10:30 AM

Oh yus, it is fun :3 the exploration and mini quests/adventures are just so epic :3

RoconzaArt 02-07-2011 02:41 PM

I have to say I'm not fond of the map. Sure it has a nice feel it but when your trying to explore it just seem frustrating to wait for the map animation so you can keep looking.

PTGigi 02-07-2011 02:55 PM

I can add a skip button once my computer gets out of the 'lagging every second' mode :meow:

Thanks guys ^-^

Since people on MA were asking about who Capruxie is:
http://mm2plus.com/picuploads/png/Capruxie-SILO.png
^ That is he :meow:

The Codfin Keeper 02-08-2011 05:13 PM

OMG he's the one that stands on that rock thing and tells you a hint if you feed it! 8D

PTGigi 02-08-2011 05:49 PM

WHY YUS IT IS MY GOOD FRIEND 8D He's rather creepy because--Oh well you'll see later :meow: He is adoptable though, just it's not easy XD

Lunaria 02-11-2011 05:51 PM

So awsome :3 I'll have to join it sometime.

PTGigi 02-13-2011 04:04 PM

Thank you 8D

And new stuff! :meow:

-Valentine's Giftboxes are up, you can get 2 with a chance at one of three special Mewtwos :happycbig: Valentine, Envy, and/or Hearts Mewtwos 8D
-Added an Events page which lists Events going on
-Added general Pokemon sorting for all profiles 8D It's not personal to the user (yet maybe?) but it gets the job done :OHSHITALION:

Hall of Famer 02-14-2011 03:41 AM

oops, looks like you've prepared something special for Valentine's day? ^^

PTGigi 02-14-2011 04:16 PM

Just a couple adoptables X3 Nothing much :meow: But they are baby Mewtwos with wings so it's a bit special XD

Lunaria 02-14-2011 08:04 PM

OOH I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE TIME TO JOIN! 8D

Hall of Famer 02-15-2011 02:17 AM

Looks like Mm2+ is by far the most popular adoptables site here now. ^^

PTGigi 02-15-2011 03:13 PM

Oh really? :colonu:

Lololololol random hates me XD 6 Valentine's Giftboxes and they are all the same thing X3 And I know my random works because I saw someone else with two different colors :meow: Not the first time random has hated me XD

ChibiMaestro 02-15-2011 05:07 PM

Oh yus Gigi >:3

And lawl, when I went to your profile I was like 'Seriously?!?!? Out of 6 different outcomes... all of them are the same... >.>' xD I'm happy I got 2 different ones... HOPEFULLY another different one too >:3

DragonTamerChris 02-15-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hall of Famer (Post 14578)
Looks like Mm2+ is by far the most popular adoptables site here now. ^^

Lol there is only about 2 right now.

Mm2+ is very well made and has great adopts. I love the CSS's you have for the different areas and can't wait for more areas to explore. I have a question, are all areas going to be as long as echo hills? If that's the case there won't be many explore areas on mm2+. :s

I hope the forums are coming out soon, I'll actively go on there and post a lot. :)

That reminds me, I really need to work on the radio scripts. x_x I only have 4 done so far. D:

PTGigi 02-16-2011 02:51 PM

(okay *shot* my triple evo system isn't working DX darn :displeased: I can't spot the problem either D: )

Lol another fixing is going to happen again XD

Daw thanks :smile: Explore areas will vary. I'm also trying to add a 'Explore Pokemon' right now so you can travel with a buddy. This allows you to do extra things (like underwater areas will require a Pokemon with Swim, etc). This will add more fun to exploring X3 Town Outskirts would be released if I realized I can't FTP at school D: So have to do that bulk of testing at home...which I forgot to do yesterday D: So hopefully that'll work ^-^" But it's close to done, most of the work is just uploading adoptables ;)

Forums are coming nicely, I just need to eventually get over my fear of the MyBB code and figure out a nice linking system X3 Theme's up and it's pretty :BIGO: Mr Furry also wanted to be in the theme so he is :smile:

Hall of Famer 02-16-2011 03:16 PM

umm triple evolution system? Can you post your codes and the error messages here if possible? I am working on an even more enhanced PM system now(with sentbox, draftbox and user created folder, not sure if these will be added to Mys v1.2.0 though), and I will take a look at it for you once I am done with my project.

PTGigi 02-17-2011 02:39 PM

And I fail at typing X3 I meant "three evolutions" instead of triple evolution system X3 I added in a second alt first for Pokemon that can have two outcomes for evolutions and then added in a total of seven for the Eevee evolutions. But since I was only planning on 3 outcomes via level-up I didn't bother making a 7 level-up outcome system. :3 (since I've also begun to add "special" level up, for now just a certain mood (ie Pokemon like Togepi) and 'areas' for level-up (like the MD system for level-up was, or like the twin rocks for Eevee to go to Leafeon/Glaceon, stuff like that :3)

And here's what I got on my level-up page:
PHP Code:

// the script below examines if an adoptable can evolve or not and executes if the conditions are met
//We need to make it check for alts!

if($evolution == "yes" and $nextlevel >= $evolutionlevel){
        if (
$evolutionform2 != "" and $evolutionform3 == ""){

$randevo rand(1,2);
            if (
$randevo == 1){

$newtype $evolutionform;
            }
            else if (
$randevo == 2){

$newtype $evolutionform2;
            }

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET type='".$newtype."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query);
               if(
$type == $name){

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET name='".$newtype."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query);
               }
        }
        else if (
$evolutionform2 != "" and $evolutionform3 != ""){

$randevo rand(1,3);
            if (
$randevo == 1){

$newtype $evolutionform;
            }
            else if (
$randevo == 2){

$newtype $evolutionform2;
            }
            else if (
$randevo == 3){

$newtype $evolutionform3;
            }

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET type='".$newtype."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query);
               if(
$type == $name){

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET name='".$newtype."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query);
               }
        }
        else {

$newtype $evolutionform;

mysql_query($query);
       if(
$type == $name){

mysql_query($query);
       }

}

//However, the evolution info is outdated, we will need to update it below:

$query "SELECT * FROM ".$prefix."adoptables WHERE type='$evolutionform'";

$result mysql_query($query);

$num mysql_numrows($result); 

//Loop out code

$i=0;
       while (
$i 1) {

$elemental=@mysql_result($result,$i,"Element");  

$evolutionnew=@mysql_result($result,$i,"evolution");  

$evolutionnewlevel=@mysql_result($result,$i,"evolutionlevel");

$evolutionnewform=@mysql_result($result,$i,"evolutionform");

$evolutionnewform2=@mysql_result($result,$i,"evolutionform2");

$evolutionnewform3=@mysql_result($result,$i,"evolutionform3");

$i++;
       }

//Now it's time to update the evolution info to the next possible evolution

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET Elemental='".$elemental."' WHERE aid='".$id."'"

mysql_query($query);

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET evolution='".$evolutionnew."' WHERE aid='".$id."'"

mysql_query($query);

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET evolutionlevel='".$evolutionnewlevel."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";      

mysql_query($query);

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET evolutionform='".$evolutionnewform."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query); 

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET evolutionform2='".$evolutionnewform2."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query); 

$query "UPDATE ".$prefix."owned_adoptables SET evolutionform2='".$evolutionnewform3."' WHERE aid='".$id."'";

mysql_query($query); 
     }  

// Now we check if we are enabling alternate images... 

It worked fine as two evolution paths so I don't know why this third would mess up D: And I know the tables aren't messed up because I checked that :S

EDIT: Derp see one problem that's no evolution related but the 'Elements'. Odd I never noticed that failing, it works which is odd O.o *fixes anyway*

Knyfe 02-20-2011 11:32 AM

This is an epical site.

PTGigi 03-14-2011 06:02 PM

New area! Town Outskirts. Mrf been busy sorry D: Not sure how active I'll be able to be :( But I'll try to add updates when possible! (gah mereging with the 1.2 is going to be awhile o-o")

Hall of Famer 03-14-2011 06:05 PM

Nice update Gigi, glad you are still actively working on your adoptables site. There are a few changes made in Mys v1.2.0 that seems rather hard to integrate onto existing sites, but thats definitely doable.

PTGigi 03-14-2011 07:51 PM

Thank you! ^-^ I've just had so much stuff going on recently o-o" Not to mention Pokemon White is addicting XD I got so many plans for MM2+ though just not a lot of time to code anything due to school and White and whatnot DX

Though I have a neato evolution idea for special Pokemon which is going along nicely, also "Explore Buddies" is done I just need to make areas which use the feature XD I haven't released the feature for that reason. ;)

SilverDragonTears 10-21-2011 05:16 PM

I MUST know... how did you integrate the forum with the site?

Hall of Famer 10-21-2011 05:36 PM

Well the idea is that the user's info is inserted into both the forum and adoptables site databases upon registration. The technique varies with different forum engines. PHPbb and Mybb integration appear to be easy, while integration with more advanced engines such as VB and IPB can be complicated since user information is stored in more than one table.

SilverDragonTears 10-21-2011 05:47 PM

Well I'm willing to switch to phpbb but I don't know where to even start with integrating them. I already have a phpbb forum that I installed last night hoping to be able to integrate the two.