Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PHP error? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4688)

Whimsy 10-09-2014 07:38 PM

PHP error?

Hello! :D I told you I'd be posting when I needed to.

Okay, so I started having a problem with my site where I can't add anything at all from my ACP. I can log in, edit certain things, but I can't 'add' anything. I tried reinstalling a fresh install and moving just the config files, but it didn't work. No idea what's wrong.

Whimsy 10-09-2014 09:56 PM

Update: This seems to flood my error log and now certain ACP pages stopped working on me, namely pages to add adopts and links. :( This happened after I tried to fix the nesting level problem (which I need to double check cuz thats giving me an error too.)

Whimsy 10-11-2014 06:36 PM

I changed my original post cuz I narrowed the problem I'm having down better.

IntoRain 10-11-2014 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whimsy (Post 31366)
Okay, so I started having a problem with my site where I can't add anything at all from my ACP. I can log in, edit certain things, but I can't 'add' anything. I tried reinstalling a fresh install and moving just the config files, but it didn't work. No idea what's wrong.

You mean you fill the form, submit and the database doesn't update? Or you can't access those pages in the ACP?

Whimsy 10-11-2014 11:04 PM

The form itself never appears. For example, I can see the adopts in the manage page, I can delete them and edit them, but when I click 'add adoptable', or 'add' anything on my CP, it goes to a blank page.

IntoRain 10-12-2014 04:22 PM

Blank page usually means syntax error somewhere. Your add() function in those acp files might have an error in there (missing ; or } for example). Did you edit them?

Whimsy 10-12-2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntoRain (Post 31388)
Blank page usually means syntax error somewhere. Your add() function in those acp files might have an error in there (missing ; or } for example). Did you edit them?

Though I'm sure I didn't, I might have, so I'm going to try another fresh reinstall and I'll get back to you.

IntoRain 10-12-2014 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whimsy (Post 31390)
Though I'm sure I didn't, I might have, so I'm going to try another fresh reinstall and I'll get back to you.

Since you mentioned the nesting level too deep, I thought you might have edited them. Alright, if the error is still up, we will try to solve it ^^

Whimsy 10-14-2014 09:17 AM

When I fixed that nesting level error, I started getting these issues, funny enough. I'm checking if maybe I did something to the SQL so I'm messing with it on my home db til it works. If I fix it, I'll letcha know - if I don't, I'll be even clearer with the error. :P Sorry about the confusion, it's been a few years since I've messed around in php/sql or even a home server.

Whimsy 10-14-2014 10:28 AM

Problem solved. :P It was my php version all along. Anything under 5.4 seems to cause issues. Using 5.5 now and no issues. Thanks!