Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Supports (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Forum? (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800)

trollis76 05-10-2009 10:19 AM

Forum?

I've seen many users that have their site, and then a forum that has this adress: "www.adoptable-site.com/forum".
How do I get a forum like that?

Sorry to waste your precious time! :(

Bloodrun 05-10-2009 12:23 PM

RE: Forum?

Well first, you need your own server. Which is easily obtained.
Second, you can either use
www.phpbb.com
www.mybb.com
or vBulletin(this one requires more money, not worth it in my opinion)

Thirdly, you follow their instruction on how to install, then just install it into a directory called "forum".

Easy as pie.

trollis76 05-10-2009 12:30 PM

Thank you! :)[hr]
Oh, also, do you know a way to combine the usernames and passwords at the Adoptablesite with the ones on the forum?
So that you either register on the adopt.-site and get's auto-registered on the forum, or the other way?

Bloodrun 05-10-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollis76
Thank you! :)[hr]
Oh, also, do you know a way to combine the usernames and passwords at the Adoptablesite with the ones on the forum?
So that you either register on the adopt.-site and get's auto-registered on the forum, or the other way?

Your quite welcome.

EDIT:

The only way to do that, is either completely change the registration for the adoptables to the way the forum registers/ enter the usernames and passwords by hand into the forum, or build your own forum.
Or just deal with it =/ Sorry, those are the only options. Lol there isn't a forum specifically built for this script, or atleast not yet.

Seapyramid 05-10-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollis76

That would depend on the forum you chose to use and then take some work changing the php. Not easy.

trollis76 05-10-2009 12:57 PM

OK. Thank you Sea.
:)

BMR777 05-10-2009 08:15 PM

It should be possible to bridge this with any major forum software so they can share logins. I will be posting a guide sometime in the next month or so on how to integrate logins with any other script. Basically it is simple to do if you know PHP.

Basically you would have to edit:
  • register.php
  • login.php
  • logout.php
  • functions.php

Basically altering the script to read from an alternate users table besides the one that the script currently uses. :)

More details will follow.
Brandon

trollis76 05-11-2009 12:18 AM

RE: Forum? [SOLVED]

Oh, could you use the usernames and stuffs from the adoptables database-part?
Ah, well, I'll wait some months then. :D

Tezna 05-11-2009 06:15 PM

RE: Forum? [SOLVED]

exoph.com I think has a way?

trollis76 05-12-2009 04:03 AM

They have a guide, yes. And it is very basic...

*Gaah*
I don't understand it.

But, I doesn't have to be mended together, it would just be fun. :D