Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum

Mysidia Adoptables Support Forum (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/index.php)
-   Webmasters Area (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   >Altara:. (http://www.mysidiaadoptables.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2374)

PTGigi 09-05-2011 05:44 PM

>Altara:.

Ohai. Gigi appears after a long hiatus :U

Since I'm lazy I'm going to copy and paste this over from MA :3

Quote:

Hey guys! So yeah...making a new site :3

Altara is a fantasy based site that offers a variety of creatures from the griffin-like Griffea to the serpentine Chi.

I'm building this site off of phpBB (forum). The forum has little to no coding of mine, but the main site is 100% coded by me :'D

The site is in Beta so you can go here and sign up! http://www.altara.99webs.info/forum/index.php

And yep! That's it for now :3 Coding more complicated stuff will take place during the Beta or after release (so don't bother telling me to add breeding or trading, I have that planned ;))

Nemesis 09-06-2011 04:56 PM

So that is you running Altara. Well I must say it is looking really good, nice choice of colors for the theme.I also see you have gotten started, at least with the layout, of your main/adopt page. And up in the header of the pages are those going to be the adopts? They look amazing, I will sign up! Best of luck!

PTGigi 09-08-2011 12:04 PM

Lol yes that is me! XD I was going to thank you but my computer died (I'm borrowing my mom's for the time being :3)

Thank you! :D And yes those are adoptables :3 I'm hoping I can code more once I get my files back (Best Buy is transferring the files to a new computer as we speak :D).

Hall of Famer 09-09-2011 05:18 AM

umm so you are integrating a forum software with Mys too, like what Kaeliah did a long time ago. Id say impressive, and I wish you the best luck of it. As Mys v1.3.0 is released, I may send a request to Vbulletin and ask their amazing coders to design a bridge for Mys and VB. The same may follow for other advanced forum enginers such as IPB and Xenforo.

PTGigi 09-09-2011 10:10 AM

Wait no. I'm building an adoptable site off of the PHPBB3 forum software. No Mys. All my own coding (except for the forums). :meow:

But the Mys integration sounds pretty cool 8D

Yay computer fixed so I can resume work |D Well not fixed exactly, I got a whole new computer XD 'Cept all my Adobe stuff isn't working D: So I either got to upgrade that or find a download for Web Premium CS5.0 (since the website only has 5.5 |: I got the serial number I just lost the installation disc ;-; )

PTGigi 09-20-2011 07:03 PM

*bump*

Still coding :3 I've also added spoilers to the main post though you can see them in the header anyway XD

Getting the adoption system done! I plan on moving this to Beta once I get the Adoption (nearly done), Level-up (test version done), Profile (nearly done), and Registration Completion (barely started) stuff done :3

As far as the adoption system goes I have it so if the adoptable has a price it will subtract your cash, and I nearly have actually adding the adoptable to the database done (so you can lose money basically XD *shot*).

Pyrkagias 09-21-2011 08:05 PM

THIS WILL BE AWESOME. lol

Do you have any idea when it will be done?

PTGigi 09-22-2011 10:09 AM

Thank you!

As of right now I hope I'll get into beta by late October or at the most, sometime this year. Moving from beta to 'complete' will be longer, I have no idea how long that will be. Also, I just dropped Statistics (extra math class) for a Study Hall so that's 40 more minutes a day I can work on this 8D (honestly I knew everything the class went over o-o) So that's now about 60 - 140 minutes a day of work for Gigi :3

Minor update: If you're banned on the forums you can't access the site 8D W00t XD Hopefully this won't happen :3 Also added a new species to the site (4 variations). I'll need to add a lot more than 3 species (6 total variations) to release this site though D: (edit: well I would be adding the new species if lag didn't exist D: )

I should have adoption done this week (unless I get distracted by something else >:U)

Niku 09-24-2011 02:28 AM

I really love the forum integration with your content. c:
Great work!

PTGigi 09-27-2011 01:10 PM

Thank you! :D (it's a heck of a lot easier than I thought it would be to be honest XD)

Adoption done! Working on the profile some more (namely user's pet list). It's looking good so far 8D

Should be adding 1-2 new species soon so I'll add those up to the first post when I do :3